Windows 10: WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

Discus and support WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SZADMIN, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SZADMIN Win User

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!

:)

SZADMIN, Oct 9, 2019

2. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7566, network adapter is Intel Dual-band Wireless AC 3165, supporting both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks; latest Windows 10 version with all recommended updates, all laptop-side drivers are also up-to-date.

So recently I noticed that internet on my phone when it connected to hotspot on computer became really slow. I figured out that my room is virtually jam-packed by 2.4 ghz networks, but there's the only 5ghz network so I decided if I switch hotspot to 5ghz
    it should work much better (formerly I created hotspot with automatic band choose and I think that system created 5ghz hotspot, but then something happened and it switched to 2.4 ghz).

But Windows tells me that "The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again". Any suggestions?

kekonyanus, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your wireless adapter

Click Properties

Click the Advanced tab

In the Property list, choose Band

In the Value list box, select 5 GHz

Click OK

Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2019
  4. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz - Similar Threads - WIN10 mobile hotspot

2. Mobile Hotspot On Win10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot On Win10 Not Working: Hi My hot spot is not working, among other strange things with network sharing properties. When I go to turn on it says applying settings then cannot set up hotspot. When I look at my network adapters properties i dont even have a sharing tab anymore either. It has...
  3. Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update

Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update: hello I have 2 computers working with 5 Ghz wifi, the first one is working fine, the second the wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update, I have theh fiber normally 500 mbps, but now only 50 mbps on 5 ghz and 150 mbps on 2,4 ghz I have updated the...
  4. netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update

netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update: I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop that after the 1809 update my WNDA 4100-N 900 wifi adapter has become useless on the 5 GHx side. 2.4 is still fine. Initially after the update the 5 side would connect but would fade out. I had no problems before the update. As I said 2.4 works...
  5. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...
  6. Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network

Looking for my 5 GHZ wifi network: Time ago, at the very start of my contract with my wifi network. I could choose from my 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi easily from my computer (Windows 10) and my phone (7s) everything was good and I used to be connected all the time to 2.4 GHZ wifi. Nowadays I'm trying to connect to...
  7. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  8. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  9. Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!: Hello, i'm trying to switch between 2.4 and 5 as the title says. I have tried disabled 2.4 GHz from my routers homepage but my PC loses connection but my laptops internet remains working as it's running with 5 GHz I have a 802.11n Wireless LAN Card built into my pc bought...
  10. Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK: Solved: After all this fuss it would appear a neighbour has installed a new 5ghz router and our network channels may have been overlapping causing the issue. My router was set to automatically choose a channel which according to what I can see is the same as my neighbour....