Windows 10: WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

Discus and support WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SZADMIN, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SZADMIN Win User

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!

:)

SZADMIN, Oct 9, 2019

2. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7566, network adapter is Intel Dual-band Wireless AC 3165, supporting both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks; latest Windows 10 version with all recommended updates, all laptop-side drivers are also up-to-date.

So recently I noticed that internet on my phone when it connected to hotspot on computer became really slow. I figured out that my room is virtually jam-packed by 2.4 ghz networks, but there's the only 5ghz network so I decided if I switch hotspot to 5ghz
    it should work much better (formerly I created hotspot with automatic band choose and I think that system created 5ghz hotspot, but then something happened and it switched to 2.4 ghz).

But Windows tells me that "The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again". Any suggestions?

kekonyanus, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your wireless adapter

Click Properties

Click the Advanced tab

In the Property list, choose Band

In the Value list box, select 5 GHz

Click OK

Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2019
  4. KenGough Win User

5 gHz Wifi

I installed a new Cable Modem Router that has dual band, 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz wifi. Everything works fine on my cell phones but when I connect to the new wifi, my computer does not see the 5 gHz wifi. I am using Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion g6. The computer
    is more than 5 years old. Is there a way to get the computer to recognize the 5 gHz wifi, which is more reliable than the 2.4 gHz?

KenGough, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz - Similar Threads - WIN10 mobile hotspot

2. CPU ghz stuck at 1.58 ghz after 5 mins of gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU ghz stuck at 1.58 ghz after 5 mins of gaming: My pc specs are :i5 2400 3.10 ghzGTX 165016 gb ddr3 ramZEBRONICS B75 moboWhen i launch and play spiderman remastered for 5 minutes it works fine above 55+ fps but after 5 minutes it gets to 25-30 fps , for a few days i couldnt figure out why that was happening but today i...
  3. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  4. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  5. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.: Hi, Until today 2.4 GHz network was working fine but after resetting the router 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore. After resetting the router, I completed the setup process connected with 5 GHz SSID because couldn't connect the 2.4 GHz SSID that time. Then 2.4 GHz SSID is...
  6. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to 5 GHz: I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I...
  7. Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz: Hello! I really need help here. I'm trying to use 5G on my mobile phone's hotspot, but it keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz. I event went to device manager and changed preffered band to 5 ghz, but my computer keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz, and it's really slow. Help? I even checked...
  8. Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?: One of my users has recently experienced bad WiFi-connectivity. At boot, all was good; though after some time the number of quarter-circles indicating field strength went down, and connections became bad, at times making video conferencing MS teams lousy to impossible. I...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  10. Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!: Hello, i'm trying to switch between 2.4 and 5 as the title says. I have tried disabled 2.4 GHz from my routers homepage but my PC loses connection but my laptops internet remains working as it's running with 5 GHz I have a 802.11n Wireless LAN Card built into my pc bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootcamp hotspot 2.4 ghz