Windows 10: Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens

Discus and support Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum. I had a look around but have not come across it. On Win10, my son's desktop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Djobloggs, May 17, 2020.

1. Djobloggs Win User

Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens

The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum.
    I had a look around but have not come across it.
    On Win10, my son's desktop has all of a sudden stopped recognising the mosue and keyboard.
    They work within the BIOS screens which tells me it is a Win 10 bug.
    I have gone into recovery screens and there the mouse and kb also work.
    I have removed kb and mouse drivers that were not windows (at some stage my son had a razer mouse and a kb, so I removed those drivers through command prompt
    Problem not resolved.
    Reloaded Win10 - booted all the way through to the sign on screen but KB and Mouse still not working
    Did it again - Went all the way through to the sign on screen and got message You do not have Administrator permission or something to that effect. Tried a few suggestions, like going into the Reg files and changing the admin reg file but that made it worse because after doing this I could not get into any screen in recovery mode because of "No administartor defined" or something to this effect.
    Have now reloaded Win 10 the third time. This was was a complete new install, removing all files and apps, etc.
    Boots all te way to the sign on screen but thel KB and Mouse still do not work..
    I am thinking that this might be malware which is somewhere deep in the HD mening that I might have to reformat the hard drive.
    Is this the correct approach or is this maybe a known problem, and I am missing something someone else might have already resolved without reformatting the HD?
    Your help highly appreciated.
    Regards.
    R

:)

Djobloggs, May 17, 2020
  2. Djobloggs Win User

The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum.
    I had a look around but have not come across it.
    On Win10, my son's desktop has all of a sudden stopped recognising the mosue and keyboard.
    They work within the BIOS screens which tells me it is a Win 10 bug.
    I have gone into recovery screens and there the mouse and kb also work.
    I have removed kb and mouse drivers that were not windows (at some stage my son had a razer mouse and a kb, so I removed those drivers through command prompt
    Problem not resolved.
    Reloaded Win10 - booted all the way through to the sign on screen but KB and Mouse still not working
    Did it again - Went all the way through to the sign on screen and got message You do not have Administrator permission or something to that effect. Tried a few suggestions, like going into the Reg files and changing the admin reg file but that made it worse because after doing this I could not get into any screen in recovery mode because of "No administartor defined" or something to this effect.
    Have now reloaded Win 10 the third time. This was was a complete new install, removing all files and apps, etc.
    Boots all te way to the sign on screen but thel KB and Mouse still do not work..
    I am thinking that this might be malware which is somewhere deep in the HD mening that I might have to reformat the hard drive.
    Is this the correct approach or is this maybe a known problem, and I am missing something someone else might have already resolved without reformatting the HD?
    Your help highly appreciated.
    Regards.
    R

Djobloggs, May 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Have you booted your system from a Win 10 install disk? If so, you would have had to use your mouse and keyboard then.

Try using USB 2 ports if available.

If you have access to another PC you can create one:

Top 5 Free Rescue Discs for Your Sys Admin Toolkit

Bob.Omb's Modified Win10PEx64 - Best Rescue Disk 2018
    Toolkit Item: Kyhi’s Rescue Disk – Win10.Guru

Try:
    Go to BIOS to Enable the USB Legacy Support
    This feature allows users to use USB mouse during the system startup. You can enable it by
    1. Turn on the computer and Enter the BIOS via pressing the functions key(s) once you see the PC brand logo screen.
    2. Use the arrow keys and the Enter key to find out the USB Legacy Support feature. Enable the feature.
    3. Press F10 to save the changes and then boot into Windows 10.

See:
    Fix: Mouse only Works in BIOS but Stops Working on Windows 10 | Driver Talent

and there are plenty of threads on this topic if you search for
    mouse and keyboard only work in BIOS

dalchina, May 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Do you mean you used one of these options?
    Reset Windows 10

Suggest you try
    Clean Install Windows 10

Sorry about suggesting the device manager- knee-jerk response. There are ways of checking if drivers are present offline, but not worth bothering with here.

If you have a live boot disk, boot the PC from that and check the devices work.

dalchina, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens - Similar Threads - Win10 Mouse working

2. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows: [IMG]When a keyboard or mouse works in BIOS but not in Windows, it creates problems and makes the computer difficult to use. Such a thing happens to some users. They can use their keyboard or mouse in BIOS, but when they exit BIOS, their keyboard or mouse becomes dead. If you...
  6. Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios: Mouse and keyboard won’t work unless it’s in bios I recently reset my computer and it’s froze and can’t see my mouse on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-hello-there-screen-mouse-wont-work-or/ab900eb9-4d0c-4ccb-accd-bc242b76ca14
  7. Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10, Mouse and Kb not working in Windows - works in BIOS screens: The fix for this problem might be available somewhere in this Forum. I had a look around but have not come across it. On Win10, my son's desktop has all of a sudden stopped recognising the mosue and keyboard. They work within the BIOS screens which tells me it is a Win 10...
  8. KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB AND MOUSE NOT WORKING 2020: I just got the latest windows update on my amd computer and none of my usb ports are working. I dont remeber the kb number, ive hard restarted multiple times, tried changing them to different ports and they work in the bios. I have also tried other mice and nothing is...
  9. Command work in Win10 to remove KB patches rollbacks?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Command work in Win10 to remove KB patches rollbacks?: Does this elevated command now work in Win10 to remove KB patches rollbacks? Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Edit: yes this works also in W10. 5197
  10. W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 stuck in Login screen, USB kb and mouse not working: So I have W10 since the release, clean install, and had no problems at all. Last night I just turned off my PC without any problems. But when I start it now, it is stuck in the W10 login screen. I do see the time and date, and the clock on the login screen is working. If I...