Windows 10: Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings?

Discus and support Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Are there settings where I can choose how or which monitor a new app or window opens on? I wasn't really sure how to search for this so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rkwarner2, Dec 19, 2018.

1. rkwarner2 Win User

Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings?

Hi all,

Are there settings where I can choose how or which monitor a new app or window opens on?

I wasn't really sure how to search for this so I apologize if there is already an answer somewhere. I have 3 monitors and I have 2 desktops hooked up to them. Work and home. I usually only use 2 for work and have the 3rd to listen to music or have something playing in the background. I have it set so that my taskbar is displayed on each monitor, on both computers. What I'd like to see is if I go to monitor 1, and open up Word, it will open on that monitor. But it seems like it will always open on the last monitor it was on. Admin stuff has locked down much of my work desktop so I probably don't have access to any available setting there. But for my home computer is this possible?

Thanks!

Rk

:)

rkwarner2, Dec 19, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 issue with multiple monitors and KVM

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the settings not configured properly, I would suggest you refer to the below link and try the steps mentioned in help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings?

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings?

1. Win10 Multiple Monitor - New Window Settings? - Similar Threads - Win10 Multiple Monitor

2. Multiple monitors- new windows will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors- new windows will not open: This is an issue with a specific program I use at work (Sage). The program opens fine, but when I open another window inside that application (or opening a third), It opens the window on a non-existent monitor. It happens consistently when I disconnect external monitors (take...
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  4. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  5. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. setting multiple touch monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting multiple touch monitors: My question is. Why has Microsoft moved or removed the option to calibrate touch to a non primary monitor? I have two touch monitors. secondary is turned like a tablet, and only the primary can be used for touch. I once had it set up, but it has reverted back and can no...
  7. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  8. Setting up multiple monitors

Setting up multiple monitors: Hello, can anyone help me to set up multiple monitors. I got the dual adapter and am able to see two screens, but I want them extended. When I hit the extend button from Windows key+P, nothing happens. When I detect monitors from settings it says its not finding one to...
  9. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  10. New Monitor settings

New Monitor settings: new monitor displays most things, including Word documents, as white on black instead of black on white. How to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-monitor-settings/647a22ff-5583-4702-ac14-2ea28fd54cea