Windows 10: Win10 Native Apps not opening.

Discus and support Win10 Native Apps not opening. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend is having an issue where his windows 10 native apps are not opening. Microsoft Store opens for a split second and then closes. This happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NyxZoldrent, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Win10 Native Apps not opening.

My friend is having an issue where his windows 10 native apps are not opening. Microsoft Store opens for a split second and then closes. This happened after problems with PSO2 and I heavily suspect he messed with his WindowsApp folder.

I've had him try running PowerShell commands to redownload all apps, didn't work. wsreset.exe from cmd causes a PurgeCache error. Resetting file permissions on WindowApps did nothing. I've had him run wsreset.exe command on a new local account which didn't help. We've tried pretty much every solution we've found online. What's strange is as a last resort I told him that he should back up his data and factory reset. He went ahead and did this, choosing to wipe everything, no disk cleaning, but even after that it doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing in Windows 10? Or could it be beyond Win10 and his hdd or other system be busted?

submitted by /u/NyxZoldrent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NyxZoldrent, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win10 Native Apps not opening. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Color Difference in Native Win10 apps. Why ?

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• When you "washed out which was opened in Windows Picture Viewer" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any issues in opening photos using Windows Picture Viewer?
    • Is this issue specific to any picture?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run Windows app troubleshooter and check if this helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Win10 Native Apps not opening.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Native Apps not opening.

1. Win10 Native Apps not opening. - Similar Threads - Win10 Native Apps

2. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  3. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  4. native win10 backup file format

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    native win10 backup file format: Does the backup process that comes with win10 compress or encrypt the NAS destination files? Or can you pick open the files directly with a word processor? What happens if your backups are encrypted, your computer dies, and you want to restore to a different o/s or a later...
  5. Apps not opening in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not opening in Win10: So I got a BSOD in windows and after restarting, a lot of apps would not open (File explorer, cmd console, any other apps i´d installed,etc.) I´ve tried using a powershell command to restore, but it says it can´t because resources are in use.Do I have to quit anything running...
  6. Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open: hello, I recently installed Win10 and ever since my laptop is extremely slow. On startup 2.7min to boot up. Then another 2-3min for my desktop to completely load. Once it's finally finished another 2min for any app to load. Ive Purchased System Mechanic Pro to try eliminating...
  7. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys: I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more about file paths. I'm using a Logitech K350 keyboard, and I'm trying to get a hotkey to open the Windows 10 Spotify app. Under...
  8. Microsoft native apps won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft native apps won't open.: None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are Microsoft Store, Mail, Maps, Calendar, Photos, Groove Music, Xbox etc. I have tried a number of fixes, including: Trying...
  9. Win10 "This App Can't Open"

Win10 "This App Can't Open": Hello! Friends: In the last few days, a number of Apps can't open (icon blurry under Start/All Programs). Error message: This App Can't Open I tried to repair it with the Window Store Troubleshooter, but to no avail. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you....
  10. Programs not opening, except windows 10's native apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening, except windows 10's native apps: That's it, I can't open any program, only the windows 10 native apps (edge, skype, email, calendar, groove, etc) It started happening like 4 days ago. If I restart my pc, it works but after some random time it stop working again. Tried to update to latest version of...