Windows 10: Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Discus and support Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg-212, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Greg-212 Win User

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Hello!

I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post.

My issue and rant:

With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a multi-billion dollar company like Microsoft cannot deliver a simple Plug-and-Play solution when a user connects two PC's using Win-10 with an Ethernet or Crossover cable. We are almost in 2019 and this is still an issue....

Ok, to my issue. I have two WIN-10 laptops running Win10 Home (v1803), 64 bit and I want to connect them via Crossover cable so as to share files and printers. Each one is also connected to the Internet.

- Both PC's have the Ethernet connection as a private networks

- In Advanced Sharing Settings, Private, Public and All Network the settings are set to sharing... 128 bit encryption... and Password Protection is Off

- Each PC has its own IP address

- Each PC is ion the same Workgroup

- Each PC has the same Login

- Each PC lists as shared folders: Users (Public) + another folder I shared on each PC

- Each PC has a USB printer connected to it

- Each PC only has local accounts

- Each PC has Windows Defender Disabled for Private and Public networks

- Disabled MalwareBytes, Advanced System Care 11 and CC Cleaner.

- Went through Services and made sure all recommended TCP-IP, etc settings were set to "Automatic"

On both laptops, in File Explorer, I can see both network computers. However, on each one, when I try to access the other, I get the message: "Windows cannot access \\XXX..." When I Diagnose, I receive the response: "Trouble shooting couldn't identify the problem."

Hours spent and wasted... trying everything, seeking help on the Web, etc. Why is this so complicated?

Thank you for your prompt response....

:)

Greg-212, Sep 23, 2018

2. HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 23, 2018
  3. ''GHOST'' homegroup removal from start up

Hi Russel,

Utilizing a HomeGroup makes things easier to share. Since you're not using the HomeGroup feature, we suggest that you disable it instead to have your Microsoft Account be the default sign-in on Startup. Follow the steps listed below to disable
    HomeGroup:

Step 1: Leave the HomeGroup. (This only applies if your PC is currently part of a HomeGroup. If your PC is not part of any group then proceed to Step 2.)

• Type HomeGroup in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Other homegroup actions click on the Leave the homegroup option.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking Leave the homegroup.
    • Click the Finish button when the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup.
    Step 2: Disable HomeGroup Services

You'll need to disable two HomeGroup services to disable the HomeGroup feature in Windows.

• Type Services in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Scroll down on the list and look for HomeGroup Listener and
      HomeGroup Provider
      services. Double-click the HomeGroup Listener service to open its properties window.
    • In the Properties window, select Disabled from the
      Startup type drop-down menu and then click OK.
    • Do the same procedure for the HomeGroup Provider services.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

1. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup - Similar Threads - Win10 Networking Removal

2. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  3. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  4. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added: I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can...
  6. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  7. shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed

shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed: I have three computers, two of them connected directly to the router, one over WiFi. All three of them run the latest version of Win 10 built 1803 (build 17134.191) . Ever since I upgraded the computers to 1803 and HomeGroup was removed, I have been having problems with...
  8. HomeGroup to be removed ?

HomeGroup to be removed ?: HomeGroup will be removed in the next feature update for Windows 10. After you install that update when it’s available, you won’t be able to share files and printers using HomeGroup. However, you can still do these things by using features that are built into Windows 10....
  9. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  10. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printing sharing problems after win10 homegroup removal

2. win 7 shows homegroup available after win10 1803 has removed homegroup

3. windows credentials after removal of homegroups