Windows 10: Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

Discus and support Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I normally manage to solve things myself, but have become more computer illiterate over recent years and have ended surrendering my home pc to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JWW2020, Jan 20, 2020.

1. JWW2020 Win User

Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

Hi all,

I normally manage to solve things myself, but have become more computer illiterate over recent years and have ended surrendering my home pc to the kids.

The rig was running well, has older hardware, but didn't have any issues running some easy going games and other than the odd random restart (which when I saw it used to say "page fault in a non paged area") it didnt really go wrong. I kept it up to date and other than some steam games, office365 and some other everyday programs it didn't have a particularly demanding set of applications.

Last week I updated it to windows 10. Although its old, the specs looked capable of running it and I didn't want to be left exposed to a gradually weaker windows 7. The upgrade seemed to install ok, took a while as these things do, but worked initially.

I then kept getting BSODs with "critical structure corruption" as the error, it would restart and boot up. It was useable and then would happen again. As I was trying to look in to the issue another BSOD happened, at least this time it also referred to a file WIN32KFULL.SYS. On some further research I tries the following.

Ran Memtest - no issues
    Checked physical connections - no issues.
    Updated drivers - video card needed one (Nvidea)
    Ran chkdsk.

The main issue started when the PC decided to BSOD halfway through a Chkdsk scan. Same error message "critical structure corruption".

On booting again, the same thing now happens, this is after a system restore and also trying to start in safe mode - which fails.

The post works, one bleep. There is then another page of normal boot information and then windows loads with the blue microsoft logo. White spinning disks appear and information is definitely being read from the HDD, can hear it as well as see the HDD light. the screen then goes black for a second before going dark grey, with further spinning disks. After about a minute the disks disappear. However, the red HDD light still flashes and oddly, the numlock on the keyboard seems to turn on and off at random intervals.

It may be new PC time, but was hoping this may be at least salvageable to make it last another couple of months before I have saved enough to upgrade the whole PC.

Im unable to get in to the system to run the log tools. Posting this from my work laptop which I can put stuff on to memory stick if needed,

Thanks for any help!
    John

:)

JWW2020, Jan 20, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

1. Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk - Similar Threads - Win10 booting multiple

2. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD after updating drivers: I've had several BSOD errors over the last month or so. I initially suspected a faulty driver in my GPU since analyzing my MEMORY.DMP file in WinDB indicated that this was the case. However, I am still getting the blue screen despite my best efforts, most recently with a...
  3. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD after updating drivers: I've had several BSOD errors over the last month or so. I initially suspected a faulty driver in my GPU since analyzing my MEMORY.DMP file in WinDB indicated that this was the case. However, I am still getting the blue screen despite my best efforts, most recently with a...
  4. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple BSOD after driver updates and BIOS update

Multiple BSOD after driver updates and BIOS update: Hi, timeline of events: Since November receiving error #132 while running WoW Recently reached out to GMs when error became frequent enough that it was interrupting game play Was advised to use DDU to uninstall old AMD drivers done, reinstall NVIDIA drivers clean done,...
  6. Win10 BSOD After Updates - Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 BSOD After Updates - Inaccessible Boot Device: Win10 Pro HW: Gigabyte Z5 MB, Gefore1070, EVO500 SSD Machine has been running finre for a long time. So my machine updated some stuff on the 5th sometime after midnight. Win10 Window logo comes up, white dots rotate for a bit, then BSOD: Inaccessible boot device. Safe Mode...
  7. [Win10] Restart GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Win10] Restart GPU driver: I had set TDRLevel=0 (TdrLevelOff - GPU Timeout Detection and Recovery disabled) registry setting for troubleshooting and at some moment screen got frozen apparently because GPU driver got stuck. Now I am unable to recover/restart the GPU using undocumented keyboard shortcut...
  8. Multiple Bsods in win10

Multiple Bsods in win10: Greetings all. I have been troubled since day 1 of my custom built windows PC experience ever since i first installed Windows 7 and my reasoning being Bsods. I had the same bsods over and over and over again so as the tech savvy person I am I troubleshooted using forums...
  9. BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers

BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers: I recently started working for a MSP and I'm learning the ropes, so bear with me. I deployed driver updates for a client, and three computers have BSOD'd today. I've tried disabling drivers, updating, the whole 9 yards. I can only start the PC in safe mode. I...
  10. Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade

Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade: Hi Everyone, this is my first thread on your forum, which I'm following from quite some time since it offers nice solutions to common (and not common) problems. I'm having a bad case of repeating BSODs with error code: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I followed all the...