Windows 10: Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors

Discus and support Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've had a power outage today when my Windows10 computer was running and now it won't boot anymore. When booting normally and in safe mode it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TrveBlack, Mar 29, 2020.

1. TrveBlack Win User

Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors

Hello,

I've had a power outage today when my Windows10 computer was running and now it won't boot anymore.
    When booting normally and in safe mode it BSOD's with description "Critical Process Died".
    Automatic repair does not work.
    Sfc Scannow in offline mode from recovery command prompt shows the following output:
    "
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
    "
    Note that there is no line indicating the verification phase progress!
    The sfc logfile has 3 lines
    "
    ...\wcp.dll : got STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND
    ...\wcp.dll : got STATUS_SUCCESS
    ... WcpInitialize: wcpdll version 10.0.18362.710 WinBuild.160101.0800
    "

Running chkdsk does not find any errors.

I do not have a backup or registry backup.

Is there any way to recover my system?

Help would be much appreciated :

:)

TrveBlack, Mar 29, 2020

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Mar 29, 2020
  3. meridius Win User
    Chkdsk and sfc /scannow

Thanks. That's very useful.
    This then makes logic of what is illogical in Windows!

When I was running Windows XP chkdsk would come up frequently and it took ages to wait for the on screen post booting process to complete. It is quite quick within Windows 10 through the user interface. It looks like the procedure or/and code behind it has changed from Windows XP & 7 to Windows 10.

This looks like it. I only used sfc /scannow this week and had never used it previously in Windows 10. In some posts which I cannot now find some users had complained that their operating system was performing worse i.e. with more errors after using it. This concerns me a little and also that sfc /scannow may create additional issues?

In fact knowing when to use chkdsk and sfc /scannow isn't always obvious. I guess if the explanation is correct I'm still not sure of the difference between file system errors and Windows System errors.

Perhaps in the event of a crash it's best to go to the Event Viewer first and see if the problem can be researched and resolved from there and then run chkdsk first and only sfc /scannow if there is no obvious solution to the error?

meridius, Mar 29, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors

Windows 10 running slow after power outage

Chance is your HD was corrupted or even damaged due to power outage. Open Admin command prompt:
    1. Run: chkdsk /r C:
    2. then Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause

NOTE: You can copy and paste the above to the command line then run.

topgundcp, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors - Similar Threads - Win10 booting power

2. SFC scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scannow not working: As some background, my laptop's been having problems for a while now. These problems include-- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 Install error - 0x8007371b- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  3. SFC Scannow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Scannow is not working: When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen....
  4. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  5. sfc /scannow does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow does not work: I have tried C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config trustedinstaller start= auto [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection...
  6. sfc /scannow keeps finding errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow keeps finding errors: When I run SFC /SCANNOW, even just straight in a row, he always states "found corrupt files" but I can't determine from the log why it keeps reporting issues. I'll upload the log of such a run: CBS.log 163942
  7. Sfc scannow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sfc scannow not working: My PC isn't working well recently, so i used the sfc /scannow command on command prompt. But it just got this error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." Any help is appreciated about this...
  8. Chkdsk and sfc /scannow

Chkdsk and sfc /scannow: For the most part I use 'chkdsk' in Windows 10 and 7 thinking that this helps prevent problems with my HDD and the Windows file system. Recently after a black screen and Windows error message on another Windows 10 computer I tried 'sfc /scannow' but it looks like 'sfc...
  9. SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update: I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:...
  10. SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time

SFC /ScanNow Finds Errors Every Time: I run sfc /scannow and it finds errors and cannot fix them. I then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:x:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess and that succeeds. I run sfc /scannow again and it is able to fix the errors. I run sfc /scannow again a day or...