Windows 10: Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Discus and support Win10 not recognizing camcorder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oldfh, Feb 12, 2020.

1. oldfh Win User

Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under Imaging Devices in Device Manager. However, I have tried using MS Photos app and several other video import apps in the MS Store, and none of them recognize the camera so that I can import video. Canon does not appear to have any drivers available. Since Win10 recognizes the camera in Device Manager, why can't any of my import software packages see the camera?

:)

oldfh, Feb 12, 2020

2. My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

Hi Bahmani,

This could be caused by an outdated driver or a loose USB port. Kindly tell us if this is the first time that you would connect the camcorder to the computer? Is the camcorder detected under Device Manager? To check, press
    Windows key + X on your keyboard. Choose
    Device Manager
    . Look for the camcorder driver under Imaging Devices,
    Universal Serial Bus Controller, or Other Devices.

Have you tried connecting the camcorder to another device? Was it detected?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, and then select
      Run the troubleshooter.

Updating the camcorder driver could also help. You can refer to this article on how to update driver in Windows 10.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you with more answers.

Monica Cam, Feb 12, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    missing camcorder imaging device "drivers"

Hi John,

Computer sometimes doesn't recognize an external device due to compatibility issue. We suggest that you connect a different camcorder to your computer. Also, try connecting the in question camcorder to other computers. This will help us determine what's
    the root cause of the issue.

Let us know what happens after following the suggestions.

John Sarc, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 64bit won't recognize my camcorder via firewire.

Hi Zane,

For us to isolate the concern, kindly answer the following:

• Does you Sharp DV Mini Camcorder works on other computer?
    • Have you tried using a different Firewire cable?
    • Do you still have any other devices or other Camcorder that can be connected using the Firewire? If so, have you tried connecting them using your Windows 10 computer to check if they will work?
    • Have you followed the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar? If so, kindly provide us the result.
    • What is happening when you're connecting your Sharp DV Mini Camcorder using Firewire? Are you receiving any error messages
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 not recognizing camcorder - Similar Threads - Win10 recognizing camcorder

2. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  3. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  4. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10: I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and...
  6. Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder

Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder: I have a JVC camcorder with video just taken. When I plug the cable into the USB port, it says Windows doesn't recognize the device. The video is of a family member at a nursing home. I really would like to upload it and send it to other relatives and family members. I've...
  7. Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection

Older Panasonic Camcorder is not recognized by PC on USB connection: Panasonic Camcorder HDD does not connect to my computer. I have an older Panasonic Camcorder SDRH200. It has a built-in HDD and an SD card This is the first time I have tried using it on my Win7 computer that has been upgraded to Win10. When I plug it into my PC via USB...
  8. Panasonic NV-GS 120 Camcorder is not recognized USB by WIndows 10

Panasonic NV-GS 120 Camcorder is not recognized USB by WIndows 10: My older PANASONIC NV-GS 120 is not recognized in Windows 10 via USB. Does anyone have the necessary Panasonic driver ? Thanks for your help !...
  9. Streaming With Camcorder?

Streaming With Camcorder?: Hello everyone. I'm aware that this question doesn't have too much to do with computers but I figured that maybe if I also post it here I'll get a reply sooner. I am trying to figure out how to livestream with my camcorder. It's an HDR-CX330 camcorder. I've looked online, but...
  10. My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder: when I connect my Canon Vixia HF R50 to my Laptop windows 10 nothing happens on my Laptop but the USB sign flashes on camcorder screen Moved from: Windows 10 / Connect Phone & PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony handycam doesnt have a driver for windows 10

2. why wont my computer recognize my Canon Vixia hf s100