Windows 10: Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

Discus and support Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fabian_P, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Fabian_P Win User

Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well.

It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown"

Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?.

I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020

During installation and after getting to the desktop, windows can not connect to the internet, claiming the cable is not connected.

I am using the same computer, booted into Linux, which does not have WIFI capabilities to write this message, so the claim that the cable or card are broken is incorrect.

Any suggestions on how to get Windows to use a obviously working ethernet connection?

:)

Fabian_P, Feb 13, 2021
  2. sttubs Win User

Ext Hdd not always recognized since upgrading to Win 10

I've noticed since upgrading from Win7 to Win10 my external hard drive is not recognized all of the time. I hear the connection sound that Windows makes but my hard drive is not listed & cannot be accessed. The drive's health checks out just fine & still easily connects to another Win7 machine. Is this common with Win10, any fixes?

sttubs, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Feb 13, 2021
  4. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection - Similar Threads - Win10 recognizing ethernet

2. Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection: I suppose this is a driver issue, I've already tried to do OOBE\BYPASSNRO and it doesn't work anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-not-recognizing-ethernet/be2ae341-88b0-4382-8261-9eddcfe29e44
  3. Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Setup not recognizing ethernet connection: I suppose this is a driver issue, I've already tried to do OOBE\BYPASSNRO and it doesn't work anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-not-recognizing-ethernet/be2ae341-88b0-4382-8261-9eddcfe29e44
  4. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ethernet connection not recognized on PC: I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've...
  5. Ethernet not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not recognized: I have had this happen twice now first time I dont know how i fixed it. I'm running: Windows 10 Pro x64 Intel i5-7600k Asus 1060 3gb My computer is not recognizing that my ethernet cable is plugged in. It's a brand new cable, I've done all the troubleshooting that I...
  6. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection: The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX long story earlier today with no internet connection issues. I fully updated to ver 19041 will all optional updates and now...
  8. Win10 does not recognize internet connection

Win10 does not recognize internet connection: Windows 10 does not recognize my internet connection. Win10 sees my Wifi router, and will connect to it, but does not see the internet. However, other non-microsoft apps, such as Firefox and Thunderbird are installed and, are connected to the internet perfectly fine through...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection: Hello everyone, I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading...
  10. Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10

Cannot connect on Ethernet in Win10: I cannot seem to connect on Ethernet though Wi-Fi works OK. I have seen several articles about ethernet problems with Win10 and perhaps you can help me sort this out. CABLING First the network config: Two notebooks, C and D are plugged into a switch and the switch...