Windows 10: Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does

Discus and support Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a very new build, from October, and I just finally have time to address this issue. Windows 10's About specs, Task Manager's Memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miranova23, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does

This is a very new build, from October, and I just finally have time to address this issue. Windows 10's About specs, Task Manager's Memory Performance, and Resource Monitor, all show that I have 48GB of RAM installed -- but in actuality, I have 64GB. My BIOS has never shown a problem with seeing all 4 dimms, 64GB total. The Command Center for my mobo that I can run from Windows, also sees all 4 dimms, 64GB total, all running exactly the same and fine. Speccy can also see this.

Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does [​IMG]

1024 x 64 = should be 65536 MB total

I understand that amount in parentheses has to do with how it's allocated, but it should at least be showing me that I have 64GB, not just 48, right?

:)

Miranova23, Dec 10, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Ram problems

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the questions below.

• What is the full specifications of your computer?
    • Which type of RAM are you trying to install?
    • Have you checked if the total RAM is detected in the BIOS?
    • Have you tried installing just the 8 Gb RAM and see if the system detects it?

We suggest that you contact the computer manufacturer for information on how to enter the BIOS and how to set the default settings. Also, you can ask them if there is an available update for the BIOS.

We're looking forward to your response.

Mark Ole, Dec 10, 2018
  4. BullGod Win User

Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does

1. Win10 not seeing all RAM; but BIOS does - Similar Threads - Win10 seeing RAM

2. Win10 clean install from USB does not see SSD or HDD that show in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 clean install from USB does not see SSD or HDD that show in BIOS: I've just installed a new motherboard, RAM, and processor and am trying to do a clean install of Win 10 from a USB stick. The SSD where Win10 is to be installed is displayed in the BIOS correctly. When I get to the point of the install wizard to pick where Win 10 should be...
  3. Win10 clean install from USB does not see SSD or HDD that show in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 clean install from USB does not see SSD or HDD that show in BIOS: I've just installed a new motherboard, RAM, and processor and am trying to do a clean install of Win 10 from a USB stick. The SSD where Win10 is to be installed is displayed in the BIOS correctly. When I get to the point of the install wizard to pick where Win 10 should be...
  4. Win10 clean install from USB does not see SSD or HDD that show in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64: Now here is the problem:My computer is in win10 x64 ,and I installed 2 8GB RAM into my computer, also my BIOS tells me that in the two DIMM Memory SPD, the part name is KHX1600C10D3/8G.So the BIOS may have “see” my new RAM, but when I went in the MSI mainboard setting >...
  6. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64: Now here is the problem:My computer is in win10 x64 ,and I installed 2 8GB RAM into my computer, also my BIOS tells me that in the two DIMM Memory SPD, the part name is KHX1600C10D3/8G.So the BIOS may have “see” my new RAM, but when I went in the MSI mainboard setting >...
  7. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Win10 only see half of ram installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 only see half of ram installed: Hi I have a problem with my new build. Win10 only sees half of my ram installed. I have Corsair vengeance Rgb Pro 16gb installed but Win10 only says i have 8gb 7,95. Bios show all 16gb, Cpu-z show all 16gb and says they dual channel Corsair iCue sees both ram, and i...
  9. Bios reads my ram windows does not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios reads my ram windows does not.: I have 32gbs of ram (2 16 gbs sticks) yet windows say i only have 16 gbs of ram. I went into bios and it says the right number I've checked every stick separately and they worked i have even tried the ram in a separate computer. when i first installed the ram windows could...
  10. Does all ram fit all computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does all ram fit all computers: Does all ram fit all computers and if not how do you check if it will https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-all-ram-fit-all-computers/966383d9-c39c-4fae-8e6a-2b4eaf819ff5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not seeing all ram in win10