Windows 10: win10 o/s

Discus and support win10 o/s in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robert, Oct 12, 2016.

1. robert Win User

win10 o/s

I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the retail disk.

:)

robert, Oct 12, 2016

2. Lumia 640 front camera not working

It O/S issue in win10?????

valli velan, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Lumia 640 front camera not working

currently Win10 O/S using,when i purchase there win8 O/S,when i give to services center he told it will chargeable basic to revert on old win8 o/s installation.Can you tell me, how to installed win8...

valli velan, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

win10 o/s

Unless your planning to move the OS to another computer you'll be fine with the OEM version.

Winuser, Oct 12, 2016
  5. Try3 Win User
    Robert,

The previous reply was correct. For all practical purposes, the only differences between your OEM licence and the Retail licence are
    1 Your licence is tied to the first computer you install it on [whereas the Retail licence could be used to install on a replacement computer later on]
    2 The OEM licence is not entitled to receive limited MS support for a defined period [whereas a Retail licensee can, for a short period, endure the privilege of finding out that MS support to consumers is run by database operators not Windows technicians - if your question matches an entry in their database then you are fine but if not then you might as well have asked the ship's cat for advice]

Denis

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    That would be wrong, or at least incomplete. There is one more important difference between an OEM Windows 10 license and a Retail Windows 10 license:

The Windows 10 OEM (System Builder's) license does not allow personal use:

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Is there any enforcement of that by Microsoft?

I expect that most of the OEM copies sold by online sellers end up on personal systems, but I have no information on that.

This is not to encourage violation of license agreements. The only times I have ever used OEM licenses was for systems I built for others.

bobkn, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Try3 Win User

win10 o/s

Whilst it is correct that the licence terms for OEM versions include the stipulation that they are only for use on systems that will be sold to end users, I have not seen any reports of enforcement action in this forum or the MSAnswers forum.

Nor have I ever seen any reports of what data such enforcement action could be based on. There is no data that identifies the original purchaser. There is no data that identifies the sale event because it is not a system event but a human interaction.

I have edited my previous post to reflect this.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win10 o/s

1. win10 o/s - Similar Threads - win10

2. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  3. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  4. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  6. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  7. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  9. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  10. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing