Windows 10: Win10 occasionally fails to restart

Discus and support Win10 occasionally fails to restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) On a few occasions (i'd say once or twice a week) win10 fails to restart properly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coach81, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Coach81 Win User

Win10 occasionally fails to restart

Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) On a few occasions (i'd say once or twice a week) win10 fails to restart properly and it just hangs indefinately whereby i have to force restart. I'm unsure what causes it and since it only happens a few times it isnt a major worry, however i would like to know what causes it. What usually happens when i know it will definately happen is when i run a game and in this instance it happens when i run a game through Ubisoft Connect and what happens is the games splash screen is stuck. Closing the program helps but when i try to restart my computer then it also hangs on the restart screen. I don't know if its the app itself or something else at work but is there anything i can do or check to see what causes the issue? Thank you.

:)

Coach81, Jul 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2021
  3. JOE
    joe Win User
    Windows 10 occasionally fails to login after screen lock

Occasionally (meaning, not always), after screen lock, login will fail on my Windows 10 desktop. I've tried looking online for possible solutions, but I find more topics about not being able to get to the login screen at all.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Lock screen
    2. Press key/click to access login prompt
    3. Enter anything for login information (either right or wrong password)
    4. Wait some amount of time (>10s) with a spinner
    5. Screen returns to lock

Reproduction rate: Very low, but once it occurs, it will continue to happen until restart.

Occasionally, I will also see a black screen with a cursor for a very short time after attempting unlock.

I'm not running any modifications to my lock screen. The amount of time locked doesn't seem to matter (it's happened within as little as 10min). So far, it only seems to happen after my computer has been on for a long time (weeks). The computer isn't frozen, since I can still attempt logins (and my applications and network connections are still open underneath, as verified from the network and other computers' clients). Unfortunately, it's Win10 home, so I can't attempt a remote desktop connection.

Not sure where to start looking for possible solutions to this problem, since I get so many results for other login screen issues.

4. Gib G Win User

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 occasionally fails to restart - Similar Threads - Win10 occasionally fails

2. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  3. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  4. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally: I setup Windows 10 auto logon by adding the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon, and its subkey DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword , AutoAdminLogon.Everything works fine. However, sometimes, about 1 out of 3000 reboot, it cannot...
  6. Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fail to auto login Windows 10 occasionally: I setup Windows 10 auto logon by adding the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon, and its subkey DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword , AutoAdminLogon.Everything works fine. However, sometimes, about 1 out of 3000 reboot, it cannot...
  7. Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts

Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts: I built my own computer for the first time a couple months ago. I've been having occasional random restarts and have been having trouble tracking down information for troubleshooting it. As far as I can tell it hasn't been an overheating problem as I tend to sit around 33-40C...
  8. Windows fails to boot occasionally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fails to boot occasionally: Frequently when I start up my computer I get the message "The header checksum for this don't doesn't match the computed checksum" with the file in question being winload.efi No matter how many times I reboot, nothing changes until I open my bios and boot from there without...
  9. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

Audio Service Fails Occasionally: About once per day my Audio Service seems to fail. The audio program that I am in the middle of using will "freeze" and the only way I have found to resolve this is to shut down the PC and then start it again. Can anyone help me fix this? I have allowed the self-fix tool (or...
  10. Startup fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup fails occasionally: Hi On my W10 Medion Erazer PC I sometimes (about every third or fourth start) get a startup failure after both Restart or Hard Boot, with options to Restart, Advanced Startup options etc. I have tried the restart and that has not worked so I go to Startup Repairs and...