Windows 10: Win10 October update - good or busted?

Discus and support Win10 October update - good or busted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The October update is now available again on the official site. Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pavel A, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Pavel A Win User

Win10 October update - good or busted?

The October update is now available again on the official site.

Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made available again by mistake?

I've updated from 1803 yesterday and some important applications stopped working :-(

-- pa

:)

Pavel A, Nov 20, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Y_K_G Win User
    Win10 October Update

Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso

For the drivers:

- Chipset

- SATA

- Realtek

- İntel Graphic

- Bluetooth

- Wifi

etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ??

Thank you...

Y_K_G, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Win10 October update - good or busted? [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 October update - good or busted? - Similar Threads - Win10 October update

2. Headphone Jack Busted!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone Jack Busted!!: Every time I plug in my headphones, the playback only comes out of one ear. I don’t believe this has anything to do with my headphones since I tested multiple headphones on my laptop and they all had the same issue. Im not sure how to fix it someone please help !!! submitted...
  3. Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809: winver 1809 - When I wake up/ start my laptop it goes to a generic Windows user. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete and switch user, to get to the page that used to be open whenever I opened my laptop. This is most annoying, more so before I figured out how to get to my user...
  4. October win10 update has killed USB ports??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October win10 update has killed USB ports??: Forced into updating Win10 today, now USB ports don't work. Alienware (dell) 13 r1, but see other models have the same problem. Works fine in BIOS and in linux, but keyboard lights and mouse light extinguish as soon as Win10 starts and no USB devices are detected or...
  5. October Update

October Update: Is the October Update still being distributed? My wife still did not get it and our library Win 10 computer also has not gotten it. I know there were delays, but this seems very late. I actually got my October Update on Dec. 11 which I believe was too early because I am...
  6. Win10 October update - good or boosted?

Win10 October update - good or boosted?: The October update is now available again on the official site. Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made available again by mistake? I've updated from 1803 yesterday and some important applications stopped working :-( -- pa...
  7. October 23 Win10 Update

October 23 Win10 Update: This is a post to MS after this download I found that my laptop had apparently failed there was no display of my desktop and clicking the Win10 icon (btm lft) only showed a black screen with no apparent display. It took a while for me to use my cursor and find that the icons...
  8. Win10 October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 October Update: Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso For the drivers: - Chipset - SATA - Realtek - İntel Graphic - Bluetooth - Wifi etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ?? Thank you......
  9. Busted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Busted apps: Here we go again! After last patch tue, Calendar, mail, alarms/clock will not start, show tiles, but won't start. (Insider 10586). Upgraded my other partition from 10240 to 10586, (NOT insider) all is fine. What is the "current" fix"??? Anybody? Already tried in-place upgrade...
  10. Everything busted in TH2 Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything busted in TH2 Update.: The latest TH2 update that came out today broke Everything search. I tried the official and beta versions. 32 and 64 bit versions too. They will no longer index the C: just my D: partion. It would otherwise keep telling me to run the Everything service which I do and C: is...