Windows 10: Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware?

Discus and support Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No idea what's going on here!! Windows 10 Pro on a little Lenovo NUC / biz PC, used for family computing, a little gaming etc. I've used MSCONFIG,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winter, Apr 1, 2020.

1. winter Win User

Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware?

No idea what's going on here!! Windows 10 Pro on a little Lenovo NUC / biz PC, used for family computing, a little gaming etc.

I've used MSCONFIG, task man, to disable startup services.

-hitting windows key takes 5-10 seconds to show the Win menu.

-any browser lags, then I get a windows message "Firefox (or chrome etc) has been blocked from accessing your graphics hardware"

-moving mouse around can be smooth, until I try to start any s/w.

hijackthis_Scan1-APR1.txt

:)

winter, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 2, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

To resolve your concern, you can troubleshoot your Microsoft account. To do so, see this link:
    Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.

Adding up, since you're using two graphics hardware, we suggest that you try to connect your two monitors to one graphics hardware and see if it does the same thing.

After doing the suggested troubleshooting steps, let us know of the results.

John Sarc, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does the issue occur with all the games or only with one particular game?
    • Are you aware of any major changes on the computer prior to this issue?

As you have mentioned that the Nvidia drivers are not latest, I suggest you to install the latest drivers and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Also, I would suggest to disable Intel graphics driver and check the system performance. Please follow the steps to disable Intel graphics driver:

1. Press Windows key + X, this will open the context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on Intel graphics driver and click on
      Disable device.
    5. This will disable the Intel graphics driver and all the programs should go through NVidia graphics driver.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware? - Similar Threads - Win10 NUC Blocked

2. Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocked from using graphics hardware?: Recently I've started playing graphically demanding games even though my system is quite outdated Intel i5-3470, GTX-760 2GB, 10GB RAM, 1TB storage. I was playing Elden ring yesterday 10/02/24 when my game froze, crashed and my monitor wouldn't display anything so I had to...
  3. Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 on a NUC - Blocked Graphics Hardware?: No idea what's going on here!! Windows 10 Pro on a little Lenovo NUC / biz PC, used for family computing, a little gaming etc. I've used MSCONFIG, task man, to disable startup services. -hitting windows key takes 5-10 seconds to show the Win menu. -any browser lags, then I...
  4. been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: Application Microsoft.Phot has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/been-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware/63d5dd30-b181-4020-ae25-8eb0631a2b98
  5. (Applicationname).exe has be blocked to access graphics hardware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Applicationname).exe has be blocked to access graphics hardware.: Type: Desktop GPU: No CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g with integrated Vega Graphics. Motherboard: MSI A320m pro vd/s v2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz 4gb ×2 Operating System Version: Windows 10 Pro Hello, I get that notification in the notification center and I get a black/blue...
  6. Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware.: I recently started getting the above error message when on Facebook. How do I correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-blocked-from-accessing-graphics/a1afb8ac-549e-4a52-8832-9b6dc42b4a89
  7. Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware

Programs being blocked from using graphics hardware: My pc keeps giving notification for "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." Along with terrible artififacting that makes the computer unusable without disabling the gpu. For almost everything I try to launch I get the notification. I even get some...
  8. Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: I was running a program when i got an error saying "Program blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware", Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware/718694af-c518-4d55-8d0d-de915f75c3fa
  9. Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Blocked from accessing Graphic Hardware: Recently I've been experiencing the app blocked from accessing graphic hardware issue with a specific game I play a fair amount. The game seems to work but upon initial starting I would get clear audio but bad or no visuals forcing me to restart the game manually by shutting...
  10. Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware

Application Blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware: I've recently been experiencing an issue with one of my games being blocked from utilizing the graphics hardware installed on my computer. War Thunder to be exact. Ever since the Newest update for the game came out, that problem has arisen. Upon completing the update, I was...