Windows 10: Win10 on a Nvme

Discus and support Win10 on a Nvme in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I trying to clone win 10 with Macrium reflect ok the drive with win 10 is a old 600Gb HD not SSD the new drive is a Nvme 500Gb. I had to cut out 80Gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yanceycat, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Win10 on a Nvme

I trying to clone win 10 with Macrium reflect ok the drive with win 10 is a old 600Gb HD not SSD the new drive is a Nvme 500Gb. I had to cut out 80Gb out of the Nvme to hold the image this is drive F the rest of the Nvme is drive G . I made the image have it on (F) but when i try to restore it to (G) it say I don't have room the image is 57Gb. how do I get the image on to (G) ?, the Nvme is a Kingston .

submitted by /u/yanceycat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yanceycat, Sep 16, 2020
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Sep 16, 2020
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to try what you suggested. I just tried using Linux Mint boot cd to hopefully erase the SSD. Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of encryption on the SATA SSD that prevents Linux from managing the SSD. Funny thing is I never used bitlocker on the SATA SSD.

xkm1948, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Win10 on a Nvme

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Win10 on a Nvme

1. Win10 on a Nvme - Similar Threads - Win10 Nvme

2. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  3. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  4. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  6. Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working: Hi there, just built a new pc and excitedly went to install windows. I created a bootable usb but this is from a Mac-not sure if that piece of info helps for later. So source is usb and target is a Samsung 970 1tb nvme, brand new. Basically I get through the install...
  7. BSOD - Clean install of Win10 on new NVME on Acer A515-51g

BSOD - Clean install of Win10 on new NVME on Acer A515-51g: I've re-installed Win10 on my Acer Aspire A515-51g as I put a new 1TB NVME SSD in it and the clone process had errors - so just wiped it all and started again. Have installed all the manufacturers drivers from their website and used several commonly available free driver...
  8. Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On...: We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing this from the Windows front....
  9. Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive

Transfer Win10 from standard SSD to NVME Drive: So I've recently purchased a WD Black 250GB NVME drive. I'd like to transfer everything on my current Corsair Force LS SSD (240GB) onto it. Is there a tool within windows or a tool that can be vouched for as safe to do this with?...
  10. Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do I Clone or Image my Win10 SSD to NVMe?: I would like to move my OS from a smaller 240gb SSD (running out of room) to a 512gb NVMe SSD. What is the better option-do I clone or image the OS and all its partitions to the NVMe? Are there any need to know pointers before I attemp it? Many thanks in advance, Jeff 85489