Windows 10: Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing

Discus and support Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, brand new here. Got a problem and hope to get some help. Thanks in advance! Today I successfully installed a win10-1803.iso on an external/usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10trial, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing

Hi all, brand new here. Got a problem and hope to get some help. Thanks in advance!

Today I successfully installed a win10-1803.iso on an external/usb drive using WinToUsb (latest version).
    I can boot the drive and Windows 10 starts, logo appears, then the spinning dots appear and the logo disappears, and then...... the dots just keep spinning for hours and set up does not continue.

What could be the cause?

:)

win10trial, Dec 30, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 30, 2018
  3. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

Hi Windows Media Creation tool 1809 was used to setup installation files to a USB 18GB.

I don't see USB in Bios.

Many MS suggestions have been tried with no success.

Best I can conclude is that the files are corrupted and I am not experienced enough to fix nor avoid all the rabbit holes.

Where can I get the latest installation WIN10 -64?

williammclean3, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Shenmue2 Win User

Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing

Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Not sure it can help you or not,
    If you can boot and install Win10 32-Bit from USB drive,
    1. Delete/move all files and folder from Win10 32-Bit USB device (Not format)
    2. Try download Win10 64-Bit ISO file, extract by 7-zip,
    3. Copy all files and folders from Win10 64-Bit ISO to Win10 32-Bit USB device ,
    4. It should able to boot from this Win 10 64-Bit USB and install Win10 in legacy mode

Shenmue2, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing

1. Win10 on usb installed but setup not starting/continuing - Similar Threads - Win10 usb installed

2. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  3. Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10: Is it normal for a browser not to load if you started it but continued on in another...: I notice that in Win10 when I load a browser sometimes the page isn't loaded when I first go to it. It's had plenty of time to load. As soon as I got to it it loads. Is there some way of controlling this? Obviously we want pages to load in browsers when the browser starts and...
  4. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  5. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  6. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. plugging in a usb sound continuously beeps on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    plugging in a usb sound continuously beeps on start up: its the plug in sound of a usb only happens on start up and for about 20 seconds continuously then stop and never happens again until next start up is it simply a usb port/the usb getting a crappy connection or is it my pc trying to tell me its dying lol any help would be...
  8. Win10 USB Install error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 USB Install error?: Today I was helping a relative to install his new OS to a newer SSD and then throw his old harddrive out after a clean wipe. We got all new hardwareLiterally everything has been replaced. While waiting for his new OS to come ina week later. We used his old HDD and install of...
  9. Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?: I reformatted my brand new laptop using an old version of Win10 I had on a USB. However after doing this I ran into an issue with Windows updates not working. After some searching I found that I needed a newer build of the Win10 bootable USB. I ran the Win10 installer from...
  10. is it possible to start win10 from USB (without installing o.s.)?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to start win10 from USB (without installing o.s.)?: I created a bootable usb key with windows10 following this procedure. How to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media with UEFI support | Windows Central but when i turn on the pc, it lets me choose between installing win10 with or without keeping my files.. I thought...