Windows 10: WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

Discus and support WIN10 open app problem after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nils AndreasErstad, Jan 4, 2023.

1. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work well - until I started to install programs/apps. I apologize for lacking the correct English words since I use a Norwegian version of WIN10, so I'll try to explain as best I can.When I left-click my mouse in the lower-left corner of the screen, I get the list of Windows functions Start/Stop etc, and l\my programs/apps. Ho

:)

Nils AndreasErstad, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 4, 2023
  3. Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 4, 2023
  4. philc43 Win User

WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

1. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall - Similar Threads - WIN10 open app

2. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  3. WIN10 open app problem after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 open app problem after reinstall: I had to reinstall WIN10 after a faulty disk. I use a WIN10/Kubuntu dual-boot system. Kubuntu worked fine, but would not access the defective drive, marking it as bad.Reinstalling WIN10 from the sky while retaining my personal files went just fine. Everything seemed to work...
  4. Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...

Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...: I have an older laptop that I use on my workbench at work... A Gateway MA7/MT6840.An old family friend bought it new, it was shipped with Vista Home Premium. I was her computer fixer for over 12 years. When the original hard drive died I installed a new one and she purchased...
  5. Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems reinstalling Win10 after a hard drive swap...: I have an older laptop that I use on my workbench at work... A Gateway MA7/MT6840.An old family friend bought it new, it was shipped with Vista Home Premium. I was her computer fixer for over 12 years. When the original hard drive died I installed a new one and she purchased...
  6. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism problems, win10 reinstall problems: Hello,I had a lot of problems installing Visual Studio 2022After a long test with VS team they said that the problems are on Windows.Summarizing the tests I made:check disk : no errorsfc /scannow : no errorwindows defender scan : no virus, no malwareonly the dism.exe report...
  7. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

dism problems, win10 reinstall problems: Hello,I had a lot of problems installing Visual Studio 2022After a long test with VS team they said that the problems are on Windows.Summarizing the tests I made:check disk : no errorsfc /scannow : no errorwindows defender scan : no virus, no malwareonly the dism.exe report...
  8. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  10. Problem after removing and reinstalling apps

Problem after removing and reinstalling apps: So I am a new windows 10 user - got a new computer and it came with windows 10. I went looking for a way to remove the apps I didn't want, and got a bit excited and removed too many, so then I looked for a way to put them back, I followed all the directions and steps but I...