Windows 10: Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Discus and support Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shanman41, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Shanman41 Win User

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help!

:)

Shanman41, Mar 19, 2020

2. Tablet and Desktop Mode

Hello,

I was wonder why you can't have the tablet tile and its side menu setup on the official desktop in Windows 10? The reason I ask is because gone are shortcuts in Desktop Mode. Live tiles are a natural modernization of the old shortcuts we use to be able
    to place on the desktop. Tablet mode has functionality restrictions that aren't present in Desktop, but in Desktop there are no tiles (shortcuts) immediately available like in Tablet mode. Instead one must go into the Start Menu and then select a tile.
    It is cumbersome and doesn't make much sense. And yes, I do have my Start Menu set to full screen mode, but again, you have to take a couple of steps just to access tiles (shortcuts). Seems rather silly to me. Will there ever be a way to have the tablet
    tile "desktop" available in the full Desktop Mode? It seems this would be a very simple thing to do by Microsoft.

Thank you.

Sinister-Veridicus, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Y ish Win User

Start screen option in tablet mode

I'm not trying to change the colour(s), I am saying that the screen is to singularly coloured compared to the Start screen layout in Windows 8. The question I have is in relation to the list/pane/console whatever it be dubbed on the left hand side, this opens up when you hit the hamburger menu at the top left it shows essentially the left side of what is on the start menu if you are in desktop mode. Is it possible to have these details always show on the tablet mode desktop.

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu [​IMG]

Y ish, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Win10 opens Tablet

2. Phone link in Win10 tablet mode - keyboard will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link in Win10 tablet mode - keyboard will not work: When I use my Surface Go running Win 10 in tablet mode the keyboard doesn't appear on screen to allow me to type messages. Works fine with keyboard attached. Phone link and Win 10 are fully up to date. If I attempt to manually activate the tablet keyboard, it pops up for a...
  3. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  4. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  5. Desktop background dim in tablet mode after reinstalling Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background dim in tablet mode after reinstalling Win10: I had to reinstall Win10 and now my desktop display is dim and foggy looking. I have the transparency turned on in the display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-dim-in-tablet-mode-after/1bc0bc29-86da-4802-ab14-13dd02c3b32a
  6. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  7. How to make Chrome start on startup in tablet mode in Win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to make Chrome start on startup in tablet mode in Win10: I followed these instructions. Now when I start the computer in regular (desktop mode) it works, chrome launches. I need it to work in tablet mode though. And it doesn't. When I start in tablet mode and switch to desktop, chrome launches, not by itself in tablet mode....
  8. Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10: Hello, My system unable to start in safe mode, but normal start works without any problem. whenever i try safe mode by selecting "4" screen take me to diagnosing system attempting repair loop every time. in last SRTTRAIL LOG Done. i tried all chkdsk, bootrec options... no...
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323