Windows 10: Win10 opens to cmd prompt after login

Discus and support Win10 opens to cmd prompt after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; A friend dropped of her comp for me to fix. when starting it goes through the normal startup asks for password as normal, but then it opens to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jazz1, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Jazz1 Win User

Win10 opens to cmd prompt after login

Hi;
    A friend dropped of her comp for me to fix.
    when starting it goes through the normal startup asks for password as normal, but then it opens to an administrative command prompt. If terminal closed nothing but black screen.
    After talking to her it seems she fell for a scam that looked like it came from MS. She called the # and whoever answered gained access, made some changes then wanted a bunch of $$$.
    That's when I got the call.

I am in the process of running a bootable Virus scan.

What next?? Help please.

:)

Jazz1, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Aceman.au Win User

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, Jun 8, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 8, 2019
  4. BoPilot Win User

Low ping from cmd prompt high ping in game

Now the ping times are normal again 35ms-38ms cmd prompt 41ms from pingtest site. Just tested it 20min ago with 0 bandwidth usage on the router's monitor and got 35-38ms cmd prompt 160-350ms from 3 different ping test sites. As far as I can tell its completely random, the cmd prompt latency numbers are always same.

I can live with this, I have for a long time now. I just want to make some sense of it.

BoPilot, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 opens to cmd prompt after login - Similar Threads - Win10 opens cmd

2. Weird cmd prompt opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  3. Weird cmd prompt opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird cmd prompt opening: So a weird cmd prompt opened and closes I recently downloaded a dodgy file but then deleted it I ran a malware bytes scan is there still a possibilty of it being a virus?...
  4. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  5. random cmd prompt keeps opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  6. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  7. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  8. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0
  9. after booting cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after booting cmd prompt: sir please resolve my problem when system is on a cmd prompt shown 'c\users\user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\lawctcfw\wcificsv.exe[ATTACH]...
  10. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...