Windows 10: Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

Discus and support Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please help cant install this update[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SnowYui, Jan 3, 2021.

1. SnowYui Win User

Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

please help cant install this update Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install c41ada94-02fc-449f-a92f-7ce184f2de27?upload=true.png

:)

SnowYui, Jan 3, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 3, 2021
  3. R0H1T Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

1. Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install - Similar Threads - Win10 Optional update

2. Should I download optional updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I download optional updates?: Should I install optional updates from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-download-optional-updates/9addd63a-fa13-4072-99bc-4d276a838a00
  3. If I press "Check for updates" and updates get downloaded automatically do I get some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I press "Check for updates" and updates get downloaded automatically do I get some...: And optional ones like: "Cumulative update preview 2020-10" with clicking: "Download and install" are they unstable ones?, is this why my start menu doesn't always open and when I right click on items in taskbar the menu doesn't open, how do I delete all unstable updates (I'm...
  4. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  5. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  6. When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs

When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs: When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs. I prefer the behavior to be that it just checks for available updates and let me choose which updates to download. This was possible with Windows 7, but I have not been able to do this on my...
  7. I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it...: I was running the disc cleanup and I pressed checked the clean downloads folder and it deleted everything in my downloads folder. I think I only but app setups and random stuff I downloaded in there but I'm worried I downloaded something important there. Is the download...
  8. choose when to download or install updates?

choose when to download or install updates?: Hi. How can I stop windows 10 updates happening automatically? I want to control when this happens. Thank you, in advance, of any assistance with this :...
  9. Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing

Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing: I get the following message on the update page: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  10. Can I still download updates with the "hold 35 days" option checked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I still download updates with the "hold 35 days" option checked?: See the title. I don't have Windows 10 (yet), but this "hold updates for 35 days" thing (as Microsoft's "attempt" of allowing the user to download Windows Updates when they choose)was brought to my attention. And so, I wonder if this is possible. With this "hold for 35...