Windows 10: Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?

Discus and support Win10 or MalWareBytes issue? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BuzWeaver, May 12, 2016.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?

A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system hitches, stammers or hesitates, very briefly, when certain programs are loading (including FireFox and VLC player or Not Responding messages). Also, since I've had Win10 and friends have had the same issues, when we go to certain secure sites we have to re-enter our information twice.

In other words I'll put in a username and password for a particular site, hit login and the login page just refreshes and requires the login again. I've done some basic hardware checks to eliminate that as a possibility of the hesitation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

BuzWeaver, May 12, 2016

2. Windows defender fails to turn on auto.

I have this same problem. When updating to Win10 I had malwarebytes on my machine. It worked with Win7, no conflicts. Now I think that this is preventing me from using Defender in Win10. I ran malwarebytes because I couldn't get defender to be turned
    on to auto. Then I removed malwarebytes. I still cannot get defender to turn on to auto or to run. Get error message 577.

HELP!

Jewel545092, May 12, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    explorer.exe application error -- instruction at 0x00007FF8AB19071C referenced memory at 0x00007FF87A582DB8

Not sure this is the issue as the error your are receiving appears to be before the Creators Update but the error seems similar to errors reported in the Creators Update when Malwarebytes is installed.

If Malwarebytes is installed try the work-around in the following link (disable the Office apps from being protected in MB3) until the issue is fixed with Malwarebytes:

MBAM 3.0.6 and Office 2016 with Win10 Creator's Update

auggy, May 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

That's price you pay for higher security with resident security programs. I order to protect they have to insert themselves between your system and the source of potential threat. Whatever you do they have to check it first.
    How much you notice them depends on computer's "power", internet speed and how many of them run at same time.

CountMike, May 12, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    How much ram do you have? How old is the computer?

swarfega, May 12, 2016
  6. BuzWeaver Win User
    Very true. I ended up reloading the software that was having issues and they seem to working a lot better.

I have an i7 960, 3.2Ghz, 12g of RAM.

BuzWeaver, May 13, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Could be also a slow disk.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 or MalWareBytes issue? - Similar Threads - Win10 MalWareBytes issue

2. Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it ok to add Malwarebytes to Win10 Home?: I have a new Win10 Home 10.0.18363 build 19363 I have a router so I have windows firewall turned off I would like to add Malwarebytes in addition to the Windows Defender. Are there any complications or considerations I need to be aware of? 160957
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  4. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  5. using Windows Defender on Win10 and Malwarebytes

using Windows Defender on Win10 and Malwarebytes: how to ensure Windows Defender runs smoothly with Malwarebytes on my Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-defender-on-win10-and-malwarebytes/7403ca42-dfa2-4277-a31a-f03d3c70b136"
  6. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  7. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  8. Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues

Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues: I have just did a complete scan with MalwareByte and found 365 issues, has anyone had issues with this? [Original Title: Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes-detects-a-lot-of-issues/889ba9cb-f4f9-4457-a7bb-6b6da868678f
  9. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10): I'm just curious if Malwarebytes coupled with Windows defender is enough. I would like to add I use the internet quite a bit so I would like solid protection. I know windows defender doesn't have the BEST detection rate but I would hope Malwarebytes could pickup whatever...
  10. Issues with malwarebytes need help

Issues with malwarebytes need help: So i have had some issues lately with my computer from a virus i do not know where from. So for starters my task manager opens blank and closes immediately later i try to open my malware bytes and it comes up with unable to connect to service it has a very long delay before...