Windows 10: Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password

Discus and support Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; trying to change settings for users on Win10 PC and admin Backup user asking for password and control of permissions. I have use netplwiz and this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spark71, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Spark71 Win User

Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password

trying to change settings for users on Win10 PC and admin Backup user asking for password and control of permissions. I have use netplwiz and this is where Backup user is asking for password to proceed

:)

Spark71, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password

admin settings on Win10 for PC

Hi Hamza,

Is your PC connected to a domain network?

If your are connected to a domain network and yet facing this issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Method1:

First, I would suggest you to try switching your User account from a Microsoft account to a local account and check if the issue persists. Click on 'Settings', click on 'Accounts' and then click on "sign in with a local account' in the "your accounts' section.
    Restart the computer and switch back to a Microsoft account and check.

If the issue persists, try these steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot

Try these and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password

1. Win10 PC admin user called Backup cannot recall setting up or password - Similar Threads - Win10 admin user

2. Locked out of PC - don’t recall password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of PC - don’t recall password: I’ve locked myself out of my laptop as I haven’t used it in a while and forgot my password, I usually use my fingerprint to get in but it said password needs updating so couldn’t. Is there any way for me to get back into this without knowing my password? I’ve tried loads of...
  3. Locked out of PC - don’t recall password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of PC - don’t recall password: I’ve locked myself out of my laptop as I haven’t used it in a while and forgot my password, I usually use my fingerprint to get in but it said password needs updating so couldn’t. Is there any way for me to get back into this without knowing my password? I’ve tried loads of...
  4. Locked out of PC - don’t recall password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  6. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  7. WIN10: Set up backup, network location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10: Set up backup, network location: Despite my PC being synced to OneDrive, I'd like to be able to use OneDrive 1Tb with Microsoft 365 subscription to keep a couple of latest backups, if possible. But, as I don't know how to do that, I'd appreciate some help. Here's a screenshot: [ATTACH]...
  8. System admin password recall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System admin password recall: we got a new laptop for our education coordinator; I setup a system admin password but forgot to write it down and cant recall it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-admin-password-recall/27a18625-9800-40fe-8f85-c27716b684ea"
  9. I am unable to recall the admin ID and Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to recall the admin ID and Password: Hi There, I am unable to remove the security access as I have forgotten the USER Name ID / password. help me retrieve. Thanks...
  10. Cannot set up new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up new user: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing...