Windows 10: Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

Discus and support Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried everything I know of to try and connect my PC to NAS. Stopped working a few weeks ago. All network sharing profiles are ON. Set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrTankMcNamara, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

I have tried everything I know of to try and connect my PC to NAS. Stopped working a few weeks ago.

• All network sharing profiles are ON. Set to Private Network.
    • Workgroup is Network name and is ON.
    • Ran check on Powershell and SMB2 is installed.
    • Nbtstat says shows NAS name and Workgroup in tables.
    • Tried turning SMB1 On and Off in Programs. No difference either way.
    • I can access NAS and all devices on my network with laptop so I know they are not the issue. PC cannot get to anything on home network.
    • Attempts to connect via File Explorer by \\NAS name or \\IP do not work.
    • One NAS recently showed up as an icon on Network area in Explorer. But clicks on it yield no connection. Second NAS does not show up anywhere.
    • Adapter settings in IP4 Properties are set correctly. NetBios and LMHosts are ticked.
    • Windows shows no Updates pending, at v 1909.

My laptop appears to have the same Network settings as the PC. What is missing here? Thanks for the assistance!

:)

MrTankMcNamara, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Dilip_999 Win User

NAS connected to local network not showing up on some PC's

Like so many, I have multiple PC's on my home network plus NAS, printers etc. Regardless of wired or wireless connection, everything works fine and all networked devices including NAS is visible as it should - except one! This particular PC, shows all
    network devices, except the NAS. From an OS perspective this PC is identical to all other PC's on network and runs latest version of Windows 10 Home. I have tried different methods that some folks suggested, including login in as an admin, on the internet
    but no joy. All other PC's on network, has no issues in reading or writing to NAS.

Can someone help to fix it?

Dilip_999, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another

Windows 10 ver 1909.

I can see and connect to two different NAS devices on my network from a laptop, but cannot from PC now. I tried to insure Network settings (Sharing settings, SMB, IPv4 NetBios, etc) from laptop were the same on the PC, but nothing worked. Seem to have the same Win 10 updates.

Cannot connect to any devices via \\sharename in Explorer. One NAS icon does show up in Explorer Network devices list, but clicking on it gives a connection error. All mapped links are now broken as well. Thanks in advance for assistance!

mediamasternc, Apr 20, 2020
  4. JackHughs Win User

Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another

Have you tried accessing the NAS from the desktop by the NAS' IPv4 address - such as \\192.168.x.x?

Also, try this. From the desktop, open a command prompt and type nbtstat -a Nasname. This won't connect to the NAS but will give you information on the NAS' status.

JackHughs, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can.

1. Win10 PC cannot see NAS and other devices on network. Laptop can. - Similar Threads - Win10 cannot NAS

2. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  3. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  4. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop): So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the PC nor the NAS even though all the settings like NetBIOS and SMB and file sharing are turned on. I can't ping the laptop from...
  6. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  7. One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS

One PC in network cannot connect to other devices and NAS: Have tried everything in this Windows 10 piece of _____! v 1909 One PC cannot connect to any other device or the NAS's I have. Two other PC's can connect to anything with no problems. All appear to have same update, etc. Turned SMB1 off and on in all devices. No...
  8. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  9. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  10. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...