Windows 10: Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

Discus and support Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC -- a gaming rig -- is fully patched and running fine in every respect, but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RPInSeattle, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

My Windows 10 PC -- a gaming rig -- is fully patched and running fine in every respect, but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified as problem-free. It's usually just a minor inconvenience, but it occurs so frequently it's become annoying, and in some situations in games, dangerous.

My wife's computer had a similar problem a while ago and I posted here and got a perfect answer. Unfortunately, that thread has been locked, and when I read it, the "Answer" shows up as actually a different response from the answering party without his actual solution, and I can't find his original answer.

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions. Many thanks.

:)

RPInSeattle, Mar 29, 2021
  2. 56Kruiser Win User

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

I'm trying to open an Intel support ticket. I ran the SSU, and selected the option to submit to Intel. But when I click that it takes me to the site, and I created an account, but it does not appear to be submitting the SSU file.

It wants me to identify my component. So here's a couple options it shows:

If I select "I dont' know", it gives me this, which offers for me to run SSU and check the list:

Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes [​IMG]

So I tried Select from list, and get this:

If I select identify by part number of serial number, I get this:

I"m not sure how I should proceed.

56Kruiser, Mar 29, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Computer will not resume after a period.

Click on start (bottom left) and type cmd, or command. list of commands will show, right click on Command prompt and select "run as administrator"

Command window will appear. Never mind about > sign, just type in

powercfg -h off

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2021
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

Just now getting to your last post.

Interestingly, main reason, I had booted my computer into the onboard diagnostics, and ran the memory test there. I let it run 10 times. Took all evening up to bedtime. It was successful with zero errors.

I'm running a Beta Log Collector. During the run, it had the comment "Failed to download autorunsc, skipping...". The resulting file is attached.

I just turned off "Disable automatic deletion of memory dumps when disk space is low". I don't know if that will allow the dmp files to be created or not. My C: drive has 380GB of space, so I wouldn't think they should be deleted.

Browsing around in the control panel, I found this:

That suggests to me I'm not getting restore points. However I find this on restore points:

Wondering if I should make any changes to the settings.

I will run the memory test you suggested today.

56Kruiser, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

1. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes - Similar Threads - Win10 periodically freezes

2. My pc freezes then crashes immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes then crashes immediately.: Hello, I tried uninstalling my graphic card driver completely, removing temp files, etc. Here's my minidump: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18RH-RwDB9bctg6RP9vQKpOpNCxIdLwHr?usp=sharing...
  3. My pc freezes then crashes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes then crashes immediately.: Hello, I tried uninstalling my graphic card driver completely, removing temp files, etc. Here's my minidump: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18RH-RwDB9bctg6RP9vQKpOpNCxIdLwHr?usp=sharing...
  4. My pc freezes then crashes Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes then crashes Immediately: So for example when I'm playing games or just browsing the Internet my screen freezes and after a few seconds my pc crashes. I tried reinstalling my graphic card driver and running the /checkhealth, /restorehealth, scannow commands in the command prompt. Then I deleted temp...
  5. My pc freezes then crashes Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes then crashes Immediately: So for example when I'm playing games or just browsing the Internet my screen freezes and after a few seconds my pc crashes. I tried reinstalling my graphic card driver and running the /checkhealth, /restorehealth, scannow commands in the command prompt. Then I deleted temp...
  6. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes: My Windows 10 PC, an Alienware Aurora 9, is fully patched and running fine in every respect but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my 3D games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified...
  7. USB Mouse freezes momentarily

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse freezes momentarily: Lenovo Yoga 940, Microsoft 3500 USB Transmitter Mouse If I let the mouse/pointer sit idle for about 10 seconds it freezes until I move the mouse around rapidly, then randomly jumps, sometimes completely off of the screen. It's really annoying and time consuming! Driver...
  8. Computer will not resume after a period.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not resume after a period.: When I leave my computer on it can take 20 minutes or so to resume. I re-start if I need it faster. Can anyone help please? 143796
  9. win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing: Hi, My win10 computer goes long periods semi-frozen. Very slow. Drive light is on near constant. I tried some System Restores: no joy. Out of desperation I did a reset (losing all my installed programs). After the reset I used it for five hours with no problems. I started...
  10. Pointing device freezes momentarily on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointing device freezes momentarily on and off: Am running a brand new Dell PC with Windows 10, 64 bit preinstalled. My previous was another Dell PC that was upgraded from Windows 7, 32 bit (I think) to Windows 10, 64 bit. The pointing device moved with me from the old PC to the new one. A Wacom Intuos4 S Model...