Windows 10: Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.

Discus and support Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Restart boot-up takes in excess of 5 mins plus, with the cycling dots only showing at bottom of screen. Also: I lose my network connections which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pedro-Wales, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.

Restart boot-up takes in excess of 5 mins plus, with the cycling dots only showing at bottom of screen.

Also:

I lose my network connections which I have to Troubleshoot to re-establish after every Restart.

Windows Defender Firewall is lost and I have to Reset to Default setting to re-establish after every Restart.

Normal Start boot-up takes less than 1 min and provided the WiFi connection and Firewall were established at normal previous Shutdown then all works fine.

Please note that all was working fine until a couple of updates (2019-01) were downloaded and installed on 23 Jan 2019. I've susequently uninstalled those two major updates to no avail and have since re-installed them, but the Restart problem still exists. I've also tried to 'Restore' to a previous date point with no success as it failed after about 1 hour!

Any ideas please, short of a 'Clean Install' on how best to resolve this problem, as I've no wish to lose my Apps and my Thunderbird emails etc, would be much appreciated.

:)

Pedro-Wales, Jan 27, 2019
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

3. Desktop restarts after 5 min since updating Win10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

As an initial step, I suggest you to disable the antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot and check.

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Step 3: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 27, 2019
  4. zinou Win User

Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus. [​IMG]

Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus. [​IMG]

zinou, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus.

1. Win10 PC 'Restart' boot-up takes in excess 5 mins plus. - Similar Threads - Win10 'Restart' boot

2. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  3. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  4. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  6. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  7. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep: So last week my pc was working fine when I put it to sleep. However, my keyboard and monitor go to sleep right away now, but my pc stays on, then monitor turns on but stays on a dark screen, and then takes 5 minutes to sleep completely. Anyone know how to fix it? I already...
  9. Every Restart takes about 5 mins to boot up after updates on 23 Jan 2019.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every Restart takes about 5 mins to boot up after updates on 23 Jan 2019.: Normal Boot up time is less than 1 min, but every Restart takes over 5 mins to boot up. Also I lose my WiFi connection, which I can re-establish with troubleshoot. I only lose WiFi on Restarts. If I Shutdown and start up normally then the WiFi connects every time, boot up...
  10. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0