Windows 10: Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

Discus and support Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, when i imported photos from iphone8 to microsoft built in photo app, it told me “something went wrong, your files might have not been imported”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LegitLegion, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

Hi, when i imported photos from iphone8 to microsoft built in photo app, it told me “something went wrong, your files might have not been imported”. But when i import photo one by one, it won’t show this warning.

And the second question is that, after i imported photos using file explorer and succeeded, i found under collection panel, it combined photos taken from two different days. While photos taken from other days are sorted day by day and well functioning.

:)

LegitLegion, Feb 18, 2020

2. arrange photos in photo app

Hello,

By app design, Photos App arrange photos from newest to oldest. We recommend that you post your feedback and suggestion regarding the Photos App through Microsoft's Feedback Hub. To
    create some new feedback, you may follo0w the steps provided in this

link

Feel free to post your query should you need help.

Vanessa Oca, Feb 18, 2020
  3. ThomasHav Win User
    How to transfer photo collection and albums from a PC (win10) to another PC (win10)

Hi RicW-nw

my question is about the win10 photo app and its collections and albums. I posted my question in the win10 photo app forum category, but the question has been moved from the moderator to this forum category....

My question is not about upgrading from winXY to win10 on the same PC (what I've done couple of times before myself), but the question is how to migrate photos from one win10-PC to another win10-PC and
    to keep the arrangement of collections and albums in the win10 photo app.

Or to say it other way: I want to have on the new PC the same photo app collections and albums like I've had on the old PC.So I think it's not about copying or transfering normal files and folders and probably not about libraries, but it's a special win10
    photo app issue.

So if you are familiar with the win10 photo app and my description of the problem, I would appreciate any sugestions.

Thanks to the community.

ThomasHav, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

1. Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement - Similar Threads - Win10 photo app

2. How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?: The new Microsoft Photos App does not arrange my photos for viewing in chronological order like the legacy app did and I do not see a way to sort the view.Iphone12 plugged in via USB. Photos are stored on the phone not in the cloud. The new Photos App is 2023.11090.12017.0....
  3. How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?: The new Microsoft Photos App does not arrange my photos for viewing in chronological order like the legacy app did and I do not see a way to sort the view.Iphone12 plugged in via USB. Photos are stored on the phone not in the cloud. The new Photos App is 2023.11090.12017.0....
  4. Arranging photos by dimensions in a group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging photos by dimensions in a group: Ok so I actually know how to do that. We do a right and go to group by. Normally in the pop up menu the dimensions is not a choice but I know I can select on more at the bottom of the menu and select dimensions. The thing is the dimensions option keeps disappearing from the...
  5. Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?

Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?: I'm a recent Photos user so I do not know if I am dealing with long-term issues or if they are from the latest update. And I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I am running Win 10 on a HP Envy 360. It has an i7 processor 7th Gen and 16GB of RAM. Win 10 and Photos are both...
  6. Photos in collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  7. removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App

removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App: for Microsoft photo app. how can I get the app to stop showing pictures in the collection from folders I have removed from the app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pictures-in-the-collection-of-microsoft/948e8bb0-02a7-4f70-89aa-65f55c70ff84
  8. Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format

Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format: Even though I can view HEIC-picture with the Windows 10 photos app and I can view next and previous HEIC-pictures, but if I click on "Collection / all pictures" in the Photo app button top left it shows no HEIC-pictures only other picture formates...
  9. Arranging Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging Photos: So I am having an issue viewing my photos in the correct order that they are in? For instance, let's say in one of my folders are my photos of a vacation. They're sorted by date + time, it's all correct. But, when I go to view the photos one by one in a slideshow, they're all...
  10. Photos app collection empty

Photos app collection empty: This has been happening all month and can’t seem to fix it. In the photos app I usually add my folders from where my photos are stored and I would see them all. Now after adding my sources in the collection it just says “see all your memories in one place” like the folders...