Windows 10: Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!

Discus and support Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I screwed up and cant get in to my Windows account . I was trying to fix another problem that suggested I boot Windows with minimum start up stuff.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by obrienaj, Oct 5, 2020.

1. obrienaj Win User

Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!

I screwed up and cant get in to my Windows account . I was trying to fix another problem that suggested I boot Windows with minimum start up stuff. After I did that, the desktop PC rebooted but instead of asking for my pin number it said something has happened and the PIN option was not available . Options to try again or create a new one loop back to the same something has happened message . It does give me another option, use an outlook.com password ... but I have forgotten that . It gives a forgot password option but when I click on that ... it says please wait and then comes right back to where I was . No other option to get forgot password options . I used another computer to go to outlook.com and create a new password for the forgotten accounts password but that does not work on the PC I need to boot up. I then tried a system restore from the boot menu and it kicked me to asking for my outlook.com password . I then chose the clean install of windows , leaving files alone . That also asked for my outlook.com password . In fact , every option available under trouble shooting requires my outlook password. I know the PIN but there is no option to enter it. Even though I was able to change my outlook.com password , I assume that just changed my windows Outlook account stuff but not a password that is hard coded on the problem PC. Any options ?? I'm using Windows 10. Can I buy a new Windows 10 disc and install over top of my existing Windows ? There are files on the HD that I would still like to retrieve , but I will not mind installing new Windows to get my Asus desktop working again. The Asus did not come with a rescue disc , just a restore option partition on the HD that I am unable to access at the moment.

:)

obrienaj, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!

1. Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out! - Similar Threads - Win10 PIN password

2. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  3. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  4. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  6. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  7. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  8. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  9. My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out

My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out: my laptop crashed suddenly with a blue screen and when I restarted it I couldn't log in with my pin because it was disabled The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...
  10. I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work

I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work: I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-locked-out-for-no-reason-pin-and-password-wont/259fe25d-1b5d-4d2c-84dd-accadd85e18d