Windows 10: Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs

Discus and support Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My old SSD was at 19.5tb writes, so it served me well, I now have a 2 day old 1tb Samsung 860 evo and I'm still getting hangs/hard freezes. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gwacie, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Gwacie Win User

Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs

My old SSD was at 19.5tb writes, so it served me well, I now have a 2 day old 1tb Samsung 860 evo and I'm still getting hangs/hard freezes.

I just downloaded 20H2 from Microsoft, I have magician installed and set up, I tried power link, I tried some driver stuff, tried some cmds I have no other dives installed, still getting freezes.

Here is are some speccy screenshots, I usually have 32gb of ram I was just testing anything. These specs are also on my account

Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs [​IMG]

Thanks for any help

:)

Gwacie, Dec 11, 2020

2. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Dec 11, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro 20H2

2. Windows RAID mirror with different SSDs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows RAID mirror with different SSDs?: We got a new workstation shipped with a pair of 960Gb industrial calss SSDs for the Windows Pro partition.However, because of immediate shipment requirement, the supplier installed SSDs of different brands:Samsung PM883Micron 5300Different controllers, different NAND-memory,...
  3. Windows RAID mirror with different SSDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RAID mirror with different SSDs?: We got a new workstation shipped with a pair of 960Gb industrial calss SSDs for the Windows Pro partition.However, because of immediate shipment requirement, the supplier installed SSDs of different brands:Samsung PM883Micron 5300Different controllers, different NAND-memory,...
  4. Windows RAID mirror with different SSDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 Pro running V1709 unable to update to 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro running V1709 unable to update to 20h2: Currently running Win.10 Pro build V 1709 16299.1127 system been unable to update for a long time. I've tried many different potential* fixes including ; deleting Update Distribution folder, run fix.bat file, uninstalling update, and a few others to no avail. Any help with...
  6. Win10 Pro running V1709 unable to update to 20h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro running V1709 unable to update to 20h2: Currently running Win.10 Pro build V 1709 16299.1127 system been unable to update for a long time. I've tried many different potential* fixes including ; deleting Update Distribution folder, run fix.bat file, uninstalling update, and a few others to no avail. Any help with...
  7. Win10 Pro running V1709 unable to update to 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 20H2: I installed 20H2 when windows update said it was available and also had a totally unusable pc . On startup I disabled all installed programs ,still had the pc hanging with only my norton 360 still running . Reverted back to win10 1909 all was good until a final windows...
  9. Different 20H2 versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Different 20H2 versions: I had to manually install 20H2 on one computer while the rest went through WU. All the WU machines are on a higher version (19042.630). I prefer all my computers to be on the same version. How do I update to match? 168179
  10. WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 TRIM for SSDs: When I enter the command "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" in Commabnd Prompt (Admin), I get a result "DiableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)" The information I found at m.windowscentral.com states that if I get a result of "0" then it means TRIM is enabled. Which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 freezing