Windows 10: Win10 pro 20H2 taskbar switched to second monitor when starting up

Discus and support Win10 pro 20H2 taskbar switched to second monitor when starting up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a problem with my windows taskbar moving from my laptop to the 2nd monitor, an LG nano 796 TV. If I have the task bar show on both monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flapZappa, Mar 2, 2021.

1. flapZappa Win User

Win10 pro 20H2 taskbar switched to second monitor when starting up

I have had a problem with my windows taskbar moving from my laptop to the 2nd monitor, an LG nano 796 TV. If I have the task bar show on both monitors the programs show on both monitors but the sound, WIFI icons etc keep switching to the 2nd monitor. If I have it only show on the main monitor the whole taskbar switched.

My laptop is set as my main monitor.

The TV is connected via an HDMI lead.

When it happens the only way to return the taskbar to the laptop is by going to settings, changing the main monitor to the TV and then switching it back to the laptop again, although the laptop is definitely set as the main monitor to start with.

While this work around solves the problem it is very tedious having to do it every time the PC turns on. IT does not do it when I just restart it.

The 2nd TV monitor may be in either standby or watching TV when the laptop starts.

Once again it does not switch the TV to be the main monitor, it just moves the tasks bar either over to the TV if it is set as only showing on main screen, or it shifts the WIFI, sounds icons etc to the TV/2ndmonitor if it is set to show on all monitors.

I did not appear to have this problem with other laptops, just my DEll N9AMD41

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

flapZappa, Mar 2, 2021

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 2, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

It doubles it, at least in the way he wants, I don't know what you want. The taskbar on the second monitor is seperate from the taskbar on the first. The programs open on the second monitor show up on the second task bar.

newtekie1, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Pete1burn Win User

Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

Anyone know of some good freeware app that will add a taskbar to my second monitor and only show apps on that monitor on its taskbar? I was using Ultramon in XP but wondering if there's something better for Win7. Thanks.

Pete1burn, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 pro 20H2 taskbar switched to second monitor when starting up - Similar Threads - Win10 pro 20H2

2. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  3. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.: So basically ill have some applications open on my second monitor such as chrome, discord, spotify, and then my primary monitor will have something else such as a game.However when my monitor screens timeout after a certain amount of time without activity, upon moving my...
  4. Applications on second monitor switch to primary monitor when monitor times out.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  6. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  7. Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up: This is a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see if I can find a solution. I have my taskbar set to automatically hide and I have it set to show on both displays. On my main monitor, when I bring my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up as...
  8. Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up

Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up: This is a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see if I can find a solution. I have my taskbar set to automatically hide and I have it set to show on both displays. On my main monitor, when I bring my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up as...
  9. Waking up second Monitor at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking up second Monitor at start up: Hello, I added a second monitor. When I power up or wake up the computer, The second monitor does not awaken. I need to power off and power on the second monitor. It otherwise works fine. Any idea what setting to adjust?...
  10. Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Taskbar freeze at start 20H2: Hi! I got this trouble... Using the previous version of Windows 10 (ver 2009) everything works fine. Every time I update to the latest version (20H2), either with the 2009 version from Windows Update, or doing a clean installation of Windows with the ISO downloaded from...