Windows 10: Win10 pro activation after building new computer

Discus and support Win10 pro activation after building new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all I have purchase win 10 licence very long time ago and lost the email with activation key. Every time I have reinstalled win it activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JerryCih, May 3, 2020.

1. JerryCih Win User

Win10 pro activation after building new computer

Hi all

I have purchase win 10 licence very long time ago and lost the email with activation key. Every time I have reinstalled win it activated itself. Few month back I have build new PC motherboard, video, the lot and installed win and to my surprise it did not activated. I was told that I need the old computer and link the activation to my account. I have just done that, managed to link the activation with my account but I still can not activate the win10 on the new build. Troubleshooter tells me that it cant activate it, I go option "new hardware" but next window only shows me my old desktop and not the new one. In my Microsoft account/devices I can see my old and new desktop. Do I need to remove the old desktop to be able to activate the new one? Thanks for all you help.

:)

JerryCih, May 3, 2020

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, May 3, 2020
  3. Vemi meh Win User
    Reinstall Win10 Pro to new PC Build?

Hello,

I'm building a new computer soon. I was wondering if I would be able to reinstall my Windows 10 Pro ( Got it when it was free) on to this new build? I don't have any copy of Windows 10 but my Windows 7 Pro ( Bought ). Any way that I can go back to Win10(PRO)
    after I install win7 or Copy the Win 10 onto a USB and/or ISO burn to DVD?

Thanks in advance Win10 pro activation after building new computer :)

Vemi meh, May 3, 2020
  4. Win10 pro activation after building new computer

Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Win10 pro activation after building new computer

1. Win10 pro activation after building new computer - Similar Threads - Win10 pro activation

2. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  3. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  4. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer

transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer: I am replacing my old HP computer. Win10 Pro is an upgraded OS on this machine. I have a valid key for this OS that I would like to use with my new computer. I recently built a new machine for my wife. In the process of that I purchased a Win10 Pro disc with a separate key....
  6. Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build: I have a purchased key for Win 10 Pro. I have installed win 10 pro on a new PC that I built. I have followed steps to remove my license from my old machine by typing slmgr.vbs -upk and that was successful. On my new PC whenever I use my Win10 Pro key it says it cannot...
  7. Activation after new build

Activation after new build: Hi everyone, A couple of years ago I used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 I have just built a new computer and installed the windows 10 files from my pen drive which I had saved from the original upgrade At first I was unable to activate but after being asked...
  8. Activating Windows on a new computer build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a new computer build: I am currently about to build a new computer using the gpu and psu of my old one and replacing all of the parts. My current computer has windows activated through a digital license which was received through the free update to windows 10 after using a windows 7 product key. I...
  9. Win10 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  10. Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

Moving win10 pro to new computer fails: The new computer has win10 home on it and when I insert the activation key for the pro edition it says "windows has been activated", but the computer is still running the home edition....