Windows 10: Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

Discus and support Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD. Installed and activated. Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lead Balloon, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD.

Installed and activated.

Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device.

Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original not newly bought SSD new one is wiped anyway.

Receiving code 0xc004f050.

Troubleshooter sends me here.

Key should be active on my account I'm told but I don't know how to get Pro on this device.

:)

Lead Balloon, Apr 13, 2020
  2. edmonjg Win User

Win10 re-activate - RMA'd motherboard

Hi,

I built a new computer but had to RMA my motherboard after a couple weeks because it stopped booting/POSTing, so I never had chance to deactivate my license

I tried re-activating in Settings app but it was showing error 0xC004C008

I went to Microsoft support website telling me to call 1 800 642 7676, tried calling it but phone says it does not exist. I'm in Canada area.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

edmonjg, Apr 13, 2020
  3. MTC147 Win User
    Couldn't re-activate with new motherboard and old SSD

HI there, Recently I upgraded my PC with new motherboard, new CPU and new RAM. I plugged back my old SSD to the new motherboard. However, when I logged into the Windows (it is win10 pro, offer from win7 free upgrade). The activation of windows became
    invalid and keep informing me to re-activate. Then I used the troubleshooting tools provided, it does show my old PC but not the new one. Therefore, I couldn't finish the activation with the new hardware. Is there any other method for me to re-activate?
    Thanks

MTC147, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

1. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro activation

2. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.: Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to...
  3. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.: Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to...
  4. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  5. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  6. Win10 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  7. Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA: Hello, I recently build a new Windows 10 PC and unfortunately I experienced some issues with RAM. Long story short it seems that the motherboard on which my PC was built has a defective RAM slot and the manufacturer advised me that likely an replacement is in order RMA. I...
  8. Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10): So I had to send my laptop for repairs. I wanna make sure whoever touched it didn't do any funny business (spyware, virus...); is resetting windows enough? Should I do a "Remove files and clean the drive"? Should I do a clean install or is a reset enough? What are my...
  9. Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation

Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation: Hello! I have a small issue with activating Windows 10 Home Edition. I had an ASUS prebuild desktop (M32BF) that I fried the motherboard of (long story) so I had to replace it. The GPU, CPU, SSD, RAM (+1 new one), HDD are all the same. I tried the troubleshooter, selected...
  10. Win10 motherboard change activation saga

Win10 motherboard change activation saga: I recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my primary system. It was running Win10 Pro X64, upgraded from Win8.1 . That was an upgrade from Win 8, which was an upgrade from Win7, which was... you get the idea. The ancestral OS was retail. The most recent license I had...