Windows 10: Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

Discus and support Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can't access my laptop. Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T.H.2018, Jul 6, 2018.

1. T.H.2018 Win User

Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

Can't access my laptop.

Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the laptop's manufacturer? It seems that in our Lenovo Thinkpad T570 bitlocker was on when we bought it.

Or could it be that some Lenovo program turns bitlocker on without a notice during installation?

:)

T.H.2018, Jul 6, 2018
  2. DJ91311 Win User

Bitlocker in Windows 10 without TPM

As others here, I have my Win8.1 C: drive encrypted without a TPM and with a password. I am still unsure whether to upgrade to Win10. Your posts:

• Told how to enable Bitlocker on Windows 10
    • Seemed limited to the BETA version of Windows 10
    QUESTIONS:

• Can I simply upgrade to Win10 without decrypting my C: drive AND still use the same password on Bitlocker?
    • Can you confirm that Bitlocker WILL NOT revert to the default Bitlocker settings during the upgrade?
    • Will everything work as in your post on the production Win10 upgrade as on the trial versions?
    Having to worry about losing a thumbdrive makes me quite uneasy--especially on the road. In the event of theft, the thumbdrive would likely be with the laptop; thus, obviating the reason for using Bitlocker in the first place.

The following points have given me concerns about upgrading to Win10:

From the Win10 Specifications Page:

•BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro only).

•BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a

USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).

Did the post "kennethrallen replied on August 1, 2015S, See post history" relate to a removable drive; did Win10 incorrectly interpret the drive as removable because it was encrypted; or was the problem apparently something else?

Thanks

DJ

DJ91311, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...ith-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Bitlocker

2. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  3. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  4. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  6. Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  7. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Is Win10 Pro a one time fee ? Also is multilanguage included https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro/0a679549-b3e7-48ec-bddb-4617945f00fe
  8. Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro: I am attempting to set up a separate partition on my SSD for software development. I have Windows 10 Pro and wish to have Bitlocker enabled for all drives. Bitlocker operates properly on my first installation. I successfully installed the second installation of Windows 10 Pro...
  9. default profile win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  10. default profile win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bitlocker on by default

2. is bitlocker on by default

3. bitlocker on by default 1903?

4. bitlocker is on os by default?,
  5. windows 10 bitlocker install default,
  6. is bitlocker enabled in windows 10 by default,
  7. bitlocker on by default,
  8. bitlocker windows 10 on by default,
  9. windows 10 pro bitlocker default,
  10. win10 pro installation bitlocker standard an,
  11. is bitlocker in win 10 is on by default