Windows 10: Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

Discus and support Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can't access my laptop. Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T.H.2018, Jul 6, 2018.

1. T.H.2018 Win User

Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

Can't access my laptop.

Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the laptop's manufacturer? It seems that in our Lenovo Thinkpad T570 bitlocker was on when we bought it.

Or could it be that some Lenovo program turns bitlocker on without a notice during installation?

:)

T.H.2018, Jul 6, 2018
  2. DJ91311 Win User

Bitlocker in Windows 10 without TPM

As others here, I have my Win8.1 C: drive encrypted without a TPM and with a password. I am still unsure whether to upgrade to Win10. Your posts:

• Told how to enable Bitlocker on Windows 10
    • Seemed limited to the BETA version of Windows 10
    QUESTIONS:

• Can I simply upgrade to Win10 without decrypting my C: drive AND still use the same password on Bitlocker?
    • Can you confirm that Bitlocker WILL NOT revert to the default Bitlocker settings during the upgrade?
    • Will everything work as in your post on the production Win10 upgrade as on the trial versions?
    Having to worry about losing a thumbdrive makes me quite uneasy--especially on the road. In the event of theft, the thumbdrive would likely be with the laptop; thus, obviating the reason for using Bitlocker in the first place.

The following points have given me concerns about upgrading to Win10:

From the Win10 Specifications Page:

•BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro only).

•BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a

USB flash drive (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).

Did the post "kennethrallen replied on August 1, 2015S, See post history" relate to a removable drive; did Win10 incorrectly interpret the drive as removable because it was encrypted; or was the problem apparently something else?

Thanks

DJ

DJ91311, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...ith-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Bitlocker

2. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Hi I just bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago with Win10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to upgrade to PRO. I used the new product key to upgrade but get error message: 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643 Now I'd like to...
  3. Drive from Win10 Home BitLocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive from Win10 Home BitLocked: I've connected an SSD from a broken Lenovo laptop with Win 10 Home to my stationary computer with Win 7 Pro because I want to backup the drive before I send it away. I can't access it however and get a "A recovery key was not found on this drive. The drive cannot be...
  4. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key and the laptop was...
  5. Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro): I've turned on Bitlocker on my laptop. It doesn't seem to have encrypted all of my logical drives, and for a couple of them it doesn't give me the option. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive which currently has 4 partitions: C, E, F, and a recovery partition. As far as I recall, I...
  6. Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?

Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?: With the new major release of Windows 10 AU (Redstone) or even the upcoming Redstone 2 update planned somewhere around beginning of 2017, will I have to temporarily disable BitLocker in the process of updating to Redstone? Since this is a major update to Windows 10, can it...
  7. Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?

Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?: I am VERY confused - Please help. By setting up Full Drive Encryption on Win10 and 8 systems, with a BitLocker password, will that BitLocker password would be the same as the normal Windows user account password? On these OS systems there is a new Local Security Policy...
  8. Bitlocker hardware encryption cannot be activated on Win10 10586/1511

Bitlocker hardware encryption cannot be activated on Win10 10586/1511: Hey, I'm having an issue with enabling hardware encryption with Bitlocker using Windows 10 build 10586 on a clean install with a Samsung 850 SSD. The encryption worked flawlessly before. I've spent hours and attempted multiple solutions and made several tests. On...
  9. BitLocker Encryption process VERY Slow on Win10

BitLocker Encryption process VERY Slow on Win10: I just installed Win10 Pro and I love it. When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the Entire drive instead of the Used Space because I just feel I am safer with encrypting the entire drive. And my drive is not new. It had Win7 running before. So I did a clean...
  10. Sector level backups on Surface Pro 4 - Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sector level backups on Surface Pro 4 - Bitlocker: I usually back up my standard PCs by booting from a USB drive and running a third party tool to create a sector-level backup to an image file that I store on an external drive. However, I have Bitlocker enabled on my Surface Pro 4 and wonder whether I will have issues either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 pro installation bitlocker standard an

2. is bitlocker in win 10 is on by default