Windows 10: Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install)

Discus and support Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded my Win7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro and everything works fine except it thinks there is no internet connection. Also, Win10 won't activate -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ts668, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ts668 Win User

Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install)

Hi

I upgraded my Win7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro and everything works fine except it thinks there is no internet connection. Also, Win10 won't activate - Unable to reach Windows activation servers - I suspect due to the lack of internet connectivity. Except that I can get to any website I choose on this pc.
    I tried all sorts of suggestions found here and on other sites, but nothing worked, so I had a go at a clean install of Win10 - only to be met with the same problem.
    I have run this upgrade on other machines on the network (did one last week, in fact) and they activated ok, even though they also claim 'no internet access'.

The upgrade I ran on a freshly restored pc - it's an HP 500B, I restored Win7 Pro x64 to factory defaults from the original recovery media, it was activated ok.
    The only driver issue I had was with the display but I found a fix for that, the machine runs quite happily with Win 10 Pro.
    It was a fresh restore and I removed a lot of the bundled software (antivirus, pdf creators, etc) as we have our own a/v we use here. I ran the upgrade with no a/v in place, so the problem doesn't seem to be anything like the BitDefender issues I have read about.

I did a clean install after that, also no a/v, but also 'no internet access' and no activation.

I have tried it as a standalone machine on the network and joined to the domain - no change.
    I have done the netsh int ip reset thing - no change.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the NIC driver, I have also obtained the latest NIC driver - no change.
    (This is a desktop pc with no WLAN NIC.)

The machine is on the network ok and can access network resources, we have an Untangle firewall but it is not actively filtering any internet traffic at this time, and besides, other machines I have upgraded or clean installed have been ok with this.

Is there anything else I can try?

:)

ts668, Sep 13, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro Update error 0x8024401c

1. Again, how many times (total) have you "clean installed windows?"

Assuming the computer did NOT come with Win10 preinstalled and assuming you upgraded a Win7 or Win8.1 computer to Win10 and assuming you never had a Beta Preview version of Win10 installed, you may have "clean installed" Windows
    10 once, twice, thrice, or possibly four (4) times.

2. When you're at home, does the computer connect to the internet via a mobile wireless connection or via a wireless router that's connected to an ADSL or broadband modem?

3. What OS Build of Windows 10 Version 1703 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

1. Upgraded from windows 8.1 pro to 10 pro. After that I have clean installed 5 times.

2. Connected to wireless router ADSL

3. Currently at version 1703 build 15063.483

Parikh Goyal, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Jos62 Win User
    Cannot connect to mobile hotspot

On the hotspot-laptop Win10 Home 1703 build 15063.726

On the desktop Win10 Pro 1703 build 15063.483

The desktop has been in a container from Holland to Sint Maarten from July 25 until last week (due to the hurricane) and therefore it's not updated and without Internet I can't update it.

Tomorrow I'll try the Virtual Router manager.

Thanx for the quick reply.

Jos

Jos62, Sep 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, suggest you consider trying an older version of the NIC driver. Do you have any Broadcom hardware?

Just noted, however, you say
    - which would seem to imply you do have some internet access.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2017
  5. ts668 Win User
    As far as I can tell, I have unlimited internet access with this machine.
    Windows, for some reason, thinks there is no internet access, and this is I suspect why Windows can't contact the activation servers.

ts668, Sep 13, 2017
  6. ts668 Win User
    And no, no Broadcom - it's a Realtek RTL8103 onboard NIC

ts668, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Pro Build 1703 no internet problem (upgrade and clean install) - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Build

2. Clean install problems vs upgrade NO problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install problems vs upgrade NO problems: So bear with me, this may be a little long and potentially confusing... At a client, using local AD, ~80 PCs about 60 are Win11 Pro, remaining are Win10 Pro, their policy is when they get a new system, say a Dell OptiPlex, that the system be formatted with an ISO downloaded...
  3. Clean install problems vs upgrade NO problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install problems vs upgrade NO problems: So bear with me, this may be a little long and potentially confusing... At a client, using local AD, ~80 PCs about 60 are Win11 Pro, remaining are Win10 Pro, their policy is when they get a new system, say a Dell OptiPlex, that the system be formatted with an ISO downloaded...
  4. Upgrade from Windows Home 1703, Build 15063.1418

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows Home 1703, Build 15063.1418: September 12 I have tried numerous times and ways to update my Windows Home 10 1703. The system goes through the download and then halts part way through the installation. It then rolls back the update and I remain in version 1703. As I say, my Build number is 15063.1418...
  5. Win10 Pro installation problem

Win10 Pro installation problem: Ive dell xps pro, 12model with windows 7. Now I've downloaded windows 10Pro setup from Microsoft site, started installation after submitting keys which I received from a local vendor. These 3 screens are running again n again, whatever I do. Please help....
  6. Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem: Hi, This morning I bought Pro for this laptop, via the Store app. It goes to install it right away, after a prompt, the install fails. I try again, checking for updates. Supposedly does it (runs TiWorker in the background, etc.). I reboot, it having been finished (AFAICT)....
  7. Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?: I have duly upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10 and it is shown as 'Activated': I have also downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file and saved that to a DVD: I now want to change my boot HDD to an SSD. Would the following method make sense? 1. Install the SSD and clone my...
  8. Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703: Hello guys, this BSOD is actually for my wife's desktop, which has been having this random BSOD for quite a while now, so the crash log zip includes a bunch of dump files, I can't stand it anymore, so want to get some help from the pros *Wink You can probably see from the...
  9. Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?

Is version 1703 stable enough for clean installation?: So I done a manual upgrade to the Creators Update a few days ago but appear to have a corrupted user profile/s and possibly even a corrupted upgrade installation. I'm not sure what to do, I could transfer user files to a new user profile but it may be more trouble than...
  10. How to activate WIn10 Build 10240 CLean Install

How to activate WIn10 Build 10240 CLean Install: I installed Build 10240 on a brand new SSD drive with no problems. However, Windows rejects the the activation code I found on another post in this forum: How to activate the latest Windows 10 build - Microsoft Community That post says activation really isn't necessary,...