Windows 10: Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

Discus and support Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had recently made hardware changes to my Desktop earlier today, with the upgrade of my Motherboard. I had expected things to run rather smoothly, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JacobBays, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JacobBays Win User

Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

I had recently made hardware changes to my Desktop earlier today, with the upgrade of my Motherboard. I had expected things to run rather smoothly, as I had made similar changes to my computer some time ago with no issues. After my computer had finished booting into windows, I was met with it unactivated. I had attempted to troubleshoot the issue and register my Win10 Pro DL with my machine, only to be met with "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Knowing that I no longer had my original product key, as it was lost along with my older machine's case, I was stumped. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Cheers.

:)

JacobBays, Sep 12, 2019

2. Can't reactivate my windows 10 Pro with digital license after motherboard change

Hi,

digital license is valid only while hardware is unchanged. When you change hardware you need to activate Windows so new digital license could be registered.

How did you obtain Windows 7 license? Was Windows preinstalled or bought separately?

Igor Leyko, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows - Digital license not working??

I recently made a significant hardware change and wished to bring my Windows 10 Pro license across to my new hardware. I installed Windows 10 Pro but could not get it to activate immediately. I rather naively deleted my previous PC from the list of devices
    registered to my Microsoft account, thinking this would free up the digital license to be used again on my new PC. This had no effect.

I then found the following article about reactivating after a hardware change:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530

After seeing this, I knew that I had messed up badly - I was in a rush to get my PC sorted prior to the start of a new week.

I do not have the original key for my Windows version as I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro a few years ago and I am unsure what to do now. I have logged into my Microsoft account in Windows on my new PC and it is the same account that was used previously on
    my old machine.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change :)

ItsQuantum, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

1. Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Digital

2. Digital license not detected after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license not detected after changing hardware: After changing motherboard, I tried reactivating Windows but getting error due to server not available. After successful reactivation, I did a system restore to an earlier time because of a driver issue then my Windows got deactivated again. Now I cannot reactivate as my...
  3. Digital license not detected after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital license not detected after changing hardware: After changing motherboard, I tried reactivating Windows but getting error due to server not available. After successful reactivation, I did a system restore to an earlier time because of a driver issue then my Windows got deactivated again. Now I cannot reactivate as my...
  4. unable to reactivate digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to reactivate digital license after hardware change: Purchased windows10 pro back in 2016 from MS OneStore. Motherboard failed two days ago and I had to replace it. When trying to activate my license troubleshooter says Error Code 0xC004F213.After calling MS support, I was told I have to call back during "normal business...
  5. Lost my digital license after hardware change

Lost my digital license after hardware change: I had upgraded from Windows 7 for free quite a few years ago. Now I changed the hardware on my computer and Windows refuses to activate itself automatically. I installed windows on the new drive using the windows creation tool, but it didn't work. I also managed to find my...
  6. How to reactivate with digital license after hardware change

How to reactivate with digital license after hardware change: I built my computer back in 2013 and bought a windows 7 professional license for it. At some point I used the free update to windows 10. Recently I decided to upgrade to a Ryzen 7 from my old Intel cpu. I followed the walkthrough here...
  7. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  8. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...
  9. Installing a digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a digital license after hardware change: Hi all, I was hoping to double check with the wisdom of the interwebs if my understanding of the re-install process is right before I do something I can't undo. Essentially my PC has become very unstable, with the CPU dying a long painful death (painful for me anyways)....
  10. Installing a digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a digital license after hardware change: Hi all, I was hoping to double check with the wisdom of the interwebs if my understanding of the re-install process is right before I do something I can't undo. Essentially my PC has become very unstable, with the CPU dying a long painful death (painful for me anyways)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 installation no recognize pro license