Windows 10: Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem

Discus and support Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, I have been using dual+ monitors for more than 20 years. Always use nVidia GPUs. On my new PC Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB 3200MHz Corsair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ichigo Kurosaki, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem

OK, I have been using dual+ monitors for more than 20 years. Always use nVidia GPUs. On my new PC Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM running a PNY GTX1660 6GB, running dual Samsung U28E590 4K monitors 3840x2160@60Hz, I have encountered a problem that is utterly new to me: For some reason, my monitors beep when shut off by the screensaver, so I have to turn them off at the switch they sit next to my bed. In the past, I have turned monitors off at the switch because of random problems with them suddenly coming on in the middle of the night XP and 7. Here's the problem: when I turn them back on, all of my windows have migrated to the primary monitor. WHY?!This has never happened before! I attribute this to Windows itself. All previous WIndows versions allowed the nVidia control panel total control over the monitors, while, now, MS has decided for some probably stupid, monopolistic BS reason, I'm sure to take over a significant portion of the monitor controls. Since this must be the case; MS needs to explain WHY this happens and how to prevent it. I am sick-to-death of having to spend 20 minutes rearranging my desktop every damned day because of this.

I KNOW this is a Windows problem, because I was able to duplicate this on a different PC Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB 3200MHz G.Skill Fortis RAM running an EVGA GT710 2GB card driving 2 LG 29WK50S superwide monitors 2560x1080@60Hz. Same OS, Windows 10 Pro, different GPU and drivers.

:)

Ichigo Kurosaki, Aug 29, 2020
  2. patrickt Win User

Dual Monitor Problem

Overall I'm delighted with Windows 10 but I have one relatively minor problem with my dual monitors. The taskbar on the second monitor won't auto-hide. It just sits there.

Any suggestions?

patrickt, Aug 29, 2020
  3. JAMAJ79 Win User
    Dual Monitor Issue on SP3 with Win 10

I have a Surface Pro 3 and I just upgraded to Win10.

I was running dual 4K monitors via HDMI and connected to the SP3 docking station via the two display ports. Last week when running Win8.1, I had 3 monitors, the two external 4K monitors and then SP3 screen.

Today, after upgrading to Win10. Only one external monitor shows up and the SP3 screen. I tested that both monitors are working properly, but when going into display settings on Win10. It doesn't even show the third monitor; second external one.

ANyone have any suggestions as to why this is and what the fix is?

JAMAJ79, Aug 29, 2020
  4. lolcocks Win User

Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem

Dual Monitor Problem

One more thing I would like to add is that the task bar on the second monitor does not show time and the system tray. How do I enable that?

lolcocks, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem

1. Win10 Pro, dual monitor problem - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro dual

2. Dual Monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor problem: I’m running Windows 10, with a Dell computer. When starting the computer, the left monitor will come on faintly, flicker, and then go black. When the problem first started, reloading the video card using the key combination – Shift, Control, Windows Key and B would enable...
  3. Dual monitors problem

Dual monitors problem: Hello,I have purchased 2nd monitor for my laptop, running windows 11 pro.When I try to set different wallpaper according to every guide online, it doesn't allow me.Like I am going to Setting -> Personalization -> Background and when I right click on the picture that I want it...
  4. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  5. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  6. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  7. Dual boot and format problem Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot and format problem Win10 Pro: This is a problem a lot of other people have had, and I've not found a safe and definitive way to take care of this. I installed Win10 Pro on my new build, but at the same time I had other drives installed in the case, one being an old Win7 SSD that I used on my other old...
  8. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...
  9. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon 3000 card on Windows 10 42857
  10. Dual Monitor issues with Win10

Dual Monitor issues with Win10: I'm having issues with my Dual monitor set up and not sure if it has anything to do with the ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card. I've gone to AMD support to download the the latest driver for Win10 and keep getting message stating ( We are unable to find a driver for your system)....