Windows 10: Win10 Pro Folder Operations

Discus and support Win10 Pro Folder Operations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just recently rec'd my Dell Inspiron with Win10Pro 1909 and MS Office Home and Student... two hours on phone with Dell and Microsoft to get Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sniggler, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Sniggler Win User

Win10 Pro Folder Operations

Just recently rec'd my Dell Inspiron with Win10Pro 1909 and MS Office Home and Student... two hours on phone with Dell and Microsoft to get Office activated! Seems despite I paid for it, it was not included in my MS Account.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction regardingWin10 permissions and folder operations... I am setting up my new PC and I am the Admin. But, I seem not to be able to copy and paste or cut and past certain folders into C: Program Files. Despite being the Admin and rechecking the C permissions, I get an access denied error message, but when I click "continue", the process goes thru anyway. This is puzzling... any clue as to what I need to reset?

This is quite a learning curve, been computing since MSDOS 3.0 and been thru it all.

Thanks!

:)

Sniggler, Jan 22, 2020
  2. clutchc Win User

windows.old folder question

I notice that when doing a Recovery/Reset this PC/Remove everything operation, Win10 will create a windows.old folder similar to the one it created when doing a win7/8 to win10 upgrade. But the folder created during the upgrade always disappeared after 30 days. Does anyone know if that happens with the windows.old folder created when doing a Recovery/Reset this PC/Remove everything operation? Does it disappear on its own also? Or is a manual removal required?

clutchc, Jan 22, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 22, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Win10 Pro Folder Operations - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Folder

2. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro: I have two folders shown in my explorer but when I try to delete them i get an error message that they do not exist. I can open the folders and se files in them but they can not be deleted. How do I delete the "ghostfolders"?...
  3. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro: I have two folders shown in my explorer but when I try to delete them i get an error message that they do not exist. I can open the folders and se files in them but they can not be deleted. How do I delete the "ghostfolders"?...
  4. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro: Bought windows 10 pro as an upgrade on the Microsoft Store and now it's asking me to buy it again. I just re install Windows and it is asking me to activate my Pro again. I didnt change anything on this PC....
  6. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro: Bought windows 10 pro as an upgrade on the Microsoft Store and now it's asking me to buy it again. I just re install Windows and it is asking me to activate my Pro again. I didnt change anything on this PC....
  7. Cannot add folders to backup (Win10 Pro-1909)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot add folders to backup (Win10 Pro-1909): I recently noticed my backup drive was full. I don't know exactly how this happened, but there was an excessive amount of disk space being used to backup files from the c: drive (which is a 250Gb). The space taken up on the backup drive was on the order of 350Gb (it is on a...
  8. win10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 pro: I have purchased a copy of win10 pro not used it as yet how can i tell if its genuine, I wanted to upgrade from home to get bitlocker as i use the machine for work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro/c6dc4d99-3bfb-4081-9ae9-db6dfffa75bf
  9. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Is Win10 Pro a one time fee ? Also is multilanguage included https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro/0a679549-b3e7-48ec-bddb-4617945f00fe
  10. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key and the laptop was...