Windows 10: Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card

Discus and support Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro v1511 (currently downloading v1809) 64 bit Intel core i5-2500k@3.3ghz Ram 16 GB I have been reworking this tower after the then 1tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eragon503, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Eragon503 Win User

Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card

Windows 10 Pro v1511 (currently downloading v1809)
    64 bit
    Intel core i5-2500k@3.3ghz
    Ram 16 GB

I have been reworking this tower after the then 1tb hardrive windows installation corrupted and would not boot. It said bad hardware. Ultimately I replaced it with an Asus P8Z68-V EUFI motherboard. Still no joy booting with original HD. I then took a different, new 1tb HD and installed the free Win10 home. Installation went perfectly as intended and ran perfectly. Win10 saw the video card correctly and used the correct MS driver. Two monitors functioning. I did not install the Nvidia driver on this drive as I do not game and didnt feel the need.

I then did a fresh install of the free version of Win10 PRO on a new WD Black 4TB. It installed correctly, boots ok, etc. Current install does not see GeForce GTX 560. Has defaulted to generic MS driver for generic video card. Only sees one monitor. Looks crappy.

I have went to Nvidia, downloaded correct driver, installed it and still no joy. No change. The video card is not seen. Directing an internal search for the driver and directing it to the Nvidia directory does not recognize the GTX560 and will not direct it to use Nvidia drivers.

I am currently downloading Win10 updates to see if any of them correct this issue. I guess if I had too I could remove PRO and install Home but I like the extra features. I am stumped. Clues anyone?

:)

Eragon503, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Fridgeman Win User

Video Card Installation

Wanted to upgrade my old ATI 9000 series video card. Local electronic store suggested an
    ATI Radeon X1600Pro. Installed same could only get vertical color bars on screen. Reinstalled old 9000 and all worked okay. Returned to supplier and replaced with new card,
    exactly same symptoms. I feel it is unlikely that two cards are defective. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Fridgeman

Fridgeman, Mar 6, 2019
  3. popsean Win User
    Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card

Win10 compatible video cards

Hi,

My system uses a GeForce Nvidea GT 7950. My diagnostic s/w (SIW) reports it supports DirectX 10. Microsoft Win10 Upgrade says DirectX 9 is minimum hardware requirement. MS W10 Upgrade process tells me upgrade not possible due to Video Card. I am using
    latest Nvidea driver. Suggestions, other than newer Video Card.?

Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions.

Robert Hall

RobertHall_533

RobertHall_553, Mar 6, 2019
  5. did you checked thatnvidia gtx 560 is supported by your motherboard ?
    did you able see nvidia in the BIOS.
    If possible update bios fiirmware of MB
    if possible update the video bios for nvidia
    what driver vesrion you downloaded and installed.
    Might be older gtx 560 not supported on 1809

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card

1. Win10 PRO new installation does not see GeForcce video card - Similar Threads - Win10 PRO installation

2. Asus Strix Sound Card. New win10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Strix Sound Card. New win10 install: New Windows10 install..all went well. Sound and devices all seen and working: microphone working as well Outputting sound to a stereo sound amp and speakers...again all was good. Reboot the system today, no sound. Did all the normal software steps: no help or change....
  3. Trying to install new video card please help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trying to install new video card please help: I've tried Tom's Hardware Forums to see if anyone can help me there so I'm going to you guys for help as well. Hello, I am in desperate need of some help a few days ago my mom bought a new printer and I installed it on to our PC The IdeaCentre 710. Then all of a sudden one...
  4. BSOD after installing new video card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD after installing new video card: Today i installed a new video card and upon restart my system went back to IDE from RAID.Ever since it BSOD if under RAID. The BIOS recognizes all drives(1 250g SSD (OS) non raid, 1 280g velociraptor non raid, 3x 1.5TB HDD RAID5) Currently windows 10 loads under IDE ,...
  5. Does installing a video card slow down performance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does installing a video card slow down performance?: My primary desktop is getting old, so I thought it was time for some upgrades. I told my friend about this, but he stated a new GPU slows down the CPU and other components. Should I be worried? Here’s my current specs for reference: Dell Inspiron 3847 Intel Core i5-4460...
  6. Ram loss after installing new video card

Ram loss after installing new video card: Hey guys, I just installed my new video card, GT 710, and I noticed that I lost around 100 MB of RAM. Why's is that? Can I somehow get them back? When I was using the integrated graphics I had 3.24 GB available and now I have 3.12 GB. That's not a small amount for me, I...
  7. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it: My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the...
  8. New Video Card

New Video Card: I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games like Farcry 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc? My system stats are up to date. 77763
  9. Video card not supported, will not download Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video card not supported, will not download Win10: My (old) Dell Latitude XT is currently running windows 8.1, and it runs fine. All of the drivers/firmware are up-to-date for 8.1 based on the driver download library at Dell. I am trying to download and install Windows 10. MS sent me a message that I cannot install and...
  10. Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?: Got a perfect upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro for any programs that were on the boot disk. However any programs that were loaded on a second (non-bootable) disk were not recognized at all. Is there any way, other than reloading all those programs, to get Win10 Pro to know...