Windows 10: Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

Discus and support Win10 Pro OEM key invalid in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blupixie06, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

Hi,

I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way rather than doing a complete fresh install at this point. I even used the generic key to force an update to pro and then punch in my key to activate, didn't work either.

What's even worse is that I bought this disc and exposed the key to upgrade only to hit bump after bump after bump. I can no longer return this disc since I broke the seal and I wasn't aware I could just get a digital key from the app store. This is very frustrating!

:)

Blupixie06, Oct 10, 2018

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Just tried to use the MS 'Media Creation Tool' to download an .iso of Win10 Pro 64-bit - the only OS offered in the dropdown box is Win10 Home!

Currently running Win7 Pro (OEM) on my last machine to be upgraded. I haven't yet done the automatic 'upgrade' to Win10. Of course, I know I need to do this before doing a clean install with a downloaded .iso. Is this the reason for no choice of the Pro
    version?

If first I do the free upgrade from Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10...

a) Will the upgraded OS show as Win10 Pro (OEM)?
    and;

b) If I then run the 'Media Creation Tool', will I then be offered a choice of Win10 Home or Win10 Pro in the drop-down?

It was always my understanding that Win7 Pro (OEM) was entitled to a free upgrade to Win10 Pro (OEM)...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Henry

HenryHonda, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

1. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro OEM

2. Windows 10 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro oem key: Hello, I have an OEM windows 10 pro key, but the code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T from Microsoft does not work to get me from the home version to the pro version. Help!...
  3. Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro

Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro: I purchased a PC from Dell in December of 2020, and recently upgraded from WIndows 10 to Windows 10 Enterprise using the link provided by Microsoft that was processed through the store. There were no third party vendors, and I did not receive an updated key from Microsoft....
  4. OEM WIN10

OEM WIN10: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-win10/35b29683-88c4-4146-9af7-0188387e2c61
  5. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  6. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.: My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again. My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is...
  7. Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation

Vista Pro OEM to Win10 Activation: I upgraded my wife's (old) Sony Vaio laptop running an OEM copy of Windows Vista Professional to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool. However, the original product key from the MS label is repeatedly not accepted as valid. So in my case the hardware is the same...
  8. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  9. win10 oem

win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932
  10. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 key

2. oem key invalid

3. WIN10 PRO PRODUCT KEY INVALID

4. windows 10 home to pro invalid key,
  5. dell win10 product key invalid,
  6. DELL Win7 pro invalid product key,
  7. win10 pro oem key,
  8. problems loading win10 pro oem dvd,
  9. windows 10 oem key invalid