Windows 10: Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

Discus and support Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had to copy a bunch of files from ole external drive to a new external drive. I knew it would take several hours (if not more) so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krumzZ, Dec 10, 2020.

1. krumzZ Win User

Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

Hello,

I recently had to copy a bunch of files from ole external drive to a new external drive. I knew it would take several hours (if not more) so I changed my settings to sleep after 5 hours so there were no interruptions.

Upon changing the settings back to 25 minutes, it still does not ask for a password on wake. It does show in sign in settings that authentication is require when PC wakes from sleep (this is in red text and the option When PC Wakes from Sleep is greyed out.)

I also went in to Local Group Policy Editor - Admin Templates - System - Power Management - Sleep Settings - and changed Require a password when a computer wakes from Not Configured to Enabled.

Nothing is working and I don't know what else to try. Help is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

krumzZ, Dec 10, 2020
  2. ALN
    ALN Win User

How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10

I initially set up my Win10 Pro without a password being needed to get into my account, but every now and then, when I boot up I'm asked for a password. I believe it happens after a MS auto update, but cannot be 100% sure. I go to Netplwiz and uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. After this, I can boot up and can get in without a password, but whenever I wake it up from sleep, I still need to give it a password. So two questions:

1. Am I always going to have to do the Netplwiz routine whenever MS decides to check the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer box with an update, or is there a way to permanently uncheck it?
    2. How do I remove the password requirement upon wake-up?
    Thanks for your help!

3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

1. Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Asking

2. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  3. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  4. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  5. pc not asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc not asking for password: hello two days ago i updated my laptop windows 7 to windows 10. when today uninstalled a security application 'guardian netsecure' and then asked for a restart i restarted my pc, but then my pc not asking for password, even ther is not a curser apearing and not any key...
  6. Password After PC Wakes UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password After PC Wakes UP: I have the latest versions of Windows 10 as of March 21, 2021. When my PC now wakes up it does not need a password to unlock it. How do I get that feature back? I had just followed some help on this page but it did not help as I could not find the areas mentioned to set...
  7. Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake: Hello, I recently had to copy a bunch of files from ole external drive to a new external drive. I knew it would take several hours (if not more) so I changed my settings to sleep after 5 hours so there were no interruptions. Upon changing the settings back to 25 minutes, it...
  8. Computer doesn’t ask for password after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn’t ask for password after waking from sleep: Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep" ***Modified title from: Problems with password after being in sleep mode ***...
  9. Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up

Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up: Dell XPS 8700 desktop, came with 8.1 Home, upgraded to 10 Home, then fresh installed 10 Home. Settings through the Settings menu and through Control Panel both set to ask for password when waking up, but it doesn't. It does on boot, but not on wakeup. Latest bios, A11,...
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196