Windows 10: Win10 Pro Product Key

Discus and support Win10 Pro Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mike78T, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mike78T Win User

Win10 Pro Product Key

I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

:)

Mike78T, Nov 8, 2018
  2. KevConlon Win User

Actvating Win10 PRO with a Win8 PRO product key

As it says on the tin...I'm struggling to activate Win10 PRO with a Win8 PRO product key....

This is my 3rd....and hopefully last significant hardware (mobo) change to my system for a while.

Activation was via a digital licence, and I was able to use the Win8 Pro key for the birth of the last 'creation.'

Currently....I'm given to understand that only a Win10 key can be used....and I don't have that!

Tried troubleshooting...and online Help (Ha ha)....but no good so far.

Please Help!!!

KevConlon, Nov 8, 2018
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Nov 8, 2018
  4. kjl1956 Win User

Win10 Pro Product Key

upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

Is this possible ?

Win7 home on an OEM pc.

I have a win 8 pro ( not 8.1 upgrade retail product key.

If I upgrade win7 hp to win10 home,

can I use the win8 pro retail key to upgrade win10 to pro

edition ?

kjl1956, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Pro Product Key

1. Win10 Pro Product Key - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Product

2. How to restore Win10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to restore Win10 Pro product key: Hi. I'm trying to move my Win10 Pro license from an old laptop to a new one. However, it seems that I somehow deleted email with the product key. I've found my order in "Orders journal" but when I click on it's name, browser cann't redirect to the proper page saying "We are...
  3. How to restore Win10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Win10 Pro product key: Hi. I'm trying to move my Win10 Pro license from an old laptop to a new one. However, it seems that I somehow deleted email with the product key. I've found my order in "Orders journal" but when I click on it's name, browser cann't redirect to the proper page saying "We are...
  4. How to restore Win10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key for win10 Pro

Product key for win10 Pro: How can I get a product key for Win 10 Pro? I upgraded from Home edition online at Start menu and paid the $99 fee.At first I got an error code 0x80070005. I rebooted and according to "System/About" I have Win 10 Enterprise but I can't activate without either a product key or...
  6. Win10 - product key obscured!

Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  7. Win10 - product key obscured!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  8. WIN10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 product key: My hard drive died and I do not know my WIN10 product key to reinstall. I am not able to get through to MS to find out what to do. HELP before the temp install expires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-product-key/132432a3-fc0a-4721-b5f9-0940542862c7
  9. Win10 Pro product key wont work

Win10 Pro product key wont work: Hi' all, Last Year i had problems reinstalling/activating Win10 Pro with my Product key. Eventuially one of the microsoft support team sorted it out remotely. He gave me a new Product key. Recently i have had problems again with Win10 Pro. I have carried out a restore...
  10. check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro

check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro: Please I need to check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro [removed] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-legality-of-the-retail-product-key-of-win10/00bbe6b3-de1e-4f42-9f9d-fc2d59be5d40"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 pro key

2. win10 pro