Windows 10: Win10 Pro random shut down

Discus and support Win10 Pro random shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Win10 Pro. Problems so I did a clean install unplugging all peripheral devices. Researched issues with random shut down and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K-Girl118, May 31, 2020.

1. K-Girl118 Win User

Win10 Pro random shut down

Just upgraded to Win10 Pro. Problems so I did a clean install unplugging all peripheral devices. Researched issues with random shut down and tried some. It has gotten better but still does it at least once per day and probably would do more since it seems to be use driven. I did scanOS and the fix. I tweaked power settings to max power. I suspected a Starmicronics TSP100eco receipt printer so had the company remote in to reload the drivers and settings. I ran the HP diagnostics to check for driver updates. Although I set power settings to never hibernate or sleep when it randomly shuts down it sometimes says "hibernating" on the screen. This is an HP Compaq 6200 Pro desktop used as a cash register in a business. Very problematic when it randomly shuts down during or just after a customer transaction. Looking for ideas. Yes, the PC has been around a while but when I bought it I bought a Cadillac with a 3.30GHz CPU 4 GB RAM so I don't think it is past its useful life. I am running QuickBooks Point of Sale v18 just upgraded to that. Looking for ideas of what else to check. I periodically clean the dust bunnies inside the cabinet so that is not an issue either. Thanks in advance for using your brain power to solve my problem!

:)

K-Girl118, May 31, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Win10 Pro random shut down :confused:*Mad Win10 Pro random shut down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 31, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. Win10 Pro random shut down

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Pro random shut down

1. Win10 Pro random shut down - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro random

2. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down: So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a few second it was completely shut. Then i click the power button nothing worked, then i holed the power button then it turned...
  3. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down: So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a few second it was completely shut. Then i click the power button nothing worked, then i holed the power button then it turned...
  4. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 7 randomly shutting down: Hi - surface pro 7 has suddenly started shutting down randomly - whether plugged in or battery it stays on for 1-4 minutes then shuts down requiring me to restart. It isn’t sleeping and I’ve changed all the sleep settings but it doesn’t make any difference. Tried to run...
  6. Random Shut Downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shut Downs: Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a...
  7. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  8. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  9. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  10. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...