Windows 10: Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login

Discus and support Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm buying a full version of Windows 10 and am not sure if Pro will solve my issue with remote desktoping. In short, I need to be able to turn my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xittenn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. xittenn Win User

Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login

I'm buying a full version of Windows 10 and am not sure if Pro will solve my issue with remote desktoping. In short, I need to be able to turn my computer on and login when I need to. I have no problem using WoL, but I can't login. Some services like Teamviewer will load using the app, when coming out of sleep, but if the pc was off that doesn't help. Will remote desktop login after WoL. I'd rather not waste $100 on a feature that doesn't exist.

:)

xittenn, Jan 1, 2020
  2. daylef Win User

WOL and Remote Desktop

I manage a number of PC's, a video security system and a substantial WiFi footprint for my sports aviation club and quite a lot is done remotely. I've been using Team Viewer with a lot of success but I get a little prompt from them every so often that it
    looks like we are a commercial outfit which is outside the terms of free usage. Given that we're a "not for profit", I am loath to spend lots of dollars on a TV licence and I'm looking for an alternative as a result.

The PC's are a mix of desktop/laptop and all are W10 Home or Pro. All are updated to 1903 (May 2019). Remote desktop looks like it may fit the bill but a few questions if I may:-

1. Can I communicate to a Home PC from a Pro machine and vice versa?

2. Does the latest iteration include Wake On LAN (the PCs are behind a modem/router which has a fixed public IP address)?

3. If it doesn't include WOL what is the suggested alternative?

4. Can I have more than one PC connecting to the same remote unit (concurrently and independently)

Hope someone can help

Cheers...

daylef, Jan 1, 2020
  3. daylef Win User
    WOL and Remote Desktop

Hi TechGuy

I downloaded Remote Desktop Manager 2.7 and I followed your advice and the following is what I found:-

1. The document your referred me to, says Windows 10 Home will not work and a connection attempt to a Home PC using Remote Desktop Manager confirms this.

2. I can't find any reference to WOL so can't enable or test it.

3. No problems, it's not a biggie.

Thanks for trying though

Cheers

daylef, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login

WOL and Remote Desktop

Hi Daylef

I am an Independent advisor here to help

To answer your questions

1. Yes you can network and remote access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

For this setup Is would recommend that you follow this guide

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

2. Wake on LAN is still available

4. The only way that you could have multiple computers remotely accessing the same host computer simultaneously is if the host computer is running a server version of Windows and is set up to allow multiple remote sessions simultaneously.

TechGuy_82, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login

1. Win10 Pro Remote Desktop WoL Login - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Remote

2. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  3. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  4. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. Remote Desktop - Can't login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Can't login: I'm using a Mac trying to connect to a PC.I get a certificate error:The certificate couldn't be verified back to the root certificate.I have the option to continue, and I do.The PC then won't accept my login credentials for my main account.It will accept it for a user account...
  7. Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing: I have a question about remote desktop login: Two of our clients (Lenovo notebooks) do not have the login settings (user name, request login information). [img] [img] RemoteDesktop-Version: Shellversion 10.0.19041 Both notebooks are in a Windows domain. They can...
  8. WOL and Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    WOL and Remote Desktop: I manage a number of PC's, a video security system and a substantial WiFi footprint for my sports aviation club and quite a lot is done remotely. I've been using Team Viewer with a lot of success but I get a little prompt from them every so often that it looks like we are a...
  9. fail to login remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?: I have several laptops at home, and am trying to connect to an SSH connection at work for networking. To be fair, I am an idiot and had a techie friend of mine set everything up, however: At home, on the same wireless network on the same router, I have three computers:...