Windows 10: Win10 Pro stations can't join domain

Discus and support Win10 Pro stations can't join domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Win2016 Hyper-V host with 4 Win2016 Standard servers. So far, I have built my DC, file server, and a net management server (2nd DC yet to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vance Bowers (vbowers), Dec 18, 2018.

1. Win10 Pro stations can't join domain

I have a Win2016 Hyper-V host with 4 Win2016 Standard servers. So far, I have built my DC, file server, and a net management server (2nd DC yet to come). I also have (so far) two Win10 Pro desktops, one with the 1709 build and another with 1809. I have successfully added my file server and net management server to my 2016-based domain. I am unsuccessful in adding either Win10 system

Both desktops get their network addesses via DHCP, with only the DC as a DNS server for them. They are able to successfully resolve names on the local network and on the Internet. However, when I try to join either to the domain, I get the following error:

Win10 Pro stations can't join domain af70ceec-35d4-4bca-9b8e-2e06b0c0c47e?upload=true.jpg

Since the servers can join without any problems, I would think that my AD setup is okay. Names resolve, the desktop knows the correct server to speak with, but somehow it's not identifying that the contacted server is the domain controller it is looking for (yea, Star Wars!). Both builds of Win10 Pro are having this issue.

Any ideas?

:)

Vance Bowers (vbowers), Dec 18, 2018
  2. Sumesh_PS Win User

Domain Joining error

Hai all

I am Sumesh

I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error

Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit

please help me to solve this issu

Sumesh_PS, Dec 18, 2018
  3. jrsvndrbl Win User
    Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

Thanks for this answer.

Using the local admin account, when upgrading a domain joined PC from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro, will it stay in the domain, or do I have to add the PC to the domain again after the upgrade?

jrsvndrbl, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Win10 Pro stations can't join domain

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Pro stations can't join domain

1. Win10 Pro stations can't join domain - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro stations

2. windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain: Hello,we tried all different ways through youtube videos that can fix this issue, but all don't work. i wonder if we need to reinstall windows 11 pro. please advise. Error msg "the network path cannot be found"....
  3. windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain: Hello,we tried all different ways through youtube videos that can fix this issue, but all don't work. i wonder if we need to reinstall windows 11 pro. please advise. Error msg "the network path cannot be found"....
  4. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  7. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  8. Cant join domain

Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Domain Joining error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...