Windows 10: win10 pro to win 10 home

Discus and support win10 pro to win 10 home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I currently have Win pro set up as my OS, but my key is only good for home. how to I revert to home without losing my key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by loganb450, Jun 26, 2020.

1. loganb450 Win User

win10 pro to win 10 home

Hello,

I currently have Win pro set up as my OS, but my key is only good for home. how to I revert to home without losing my key?

:)

loganb450, Jun 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Jun 26, 2020
  3. BSODs in WIN 10, Pro

Where did you purchase the "OEM version of Win7 Pro?"

When did you do the clean install of Win7 Pro on the 2 TB HDD?

Have you Activate (Validated; Authenticated) the clean install of Win7 Pro?

Is the Win7 partition fully-patched at Windows Update?

Sounds like you need to format the drive where Win10 resides and then do a clean install of same using a new disk you've created from the "MS Win 10 web site,"
    not a backup or clone.

FYI:

Tip: You'd be better off posting about installing & dual-booting Win10 in this forum =>

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 26, 2020
  4. win10 pro to win 10 home

WIN10 HOME OEM UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

dears, I have bought a new PC coming with an OEM WIN 10 home to replace a crashed PC running on WIN 7 ULTIMATE. can I upgrade the new WIN10 HOME to WIN10 PRO using the WIN7 ULTIMATE license key? thanks.

TonyTongKC, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

win10 pro to win 10 home

1. win10 pro to win 10 home - Similar Threads - win10 pro home

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  7. win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: I just purchased win 10 pro upgrade from MS online store and nothing happened other than I got a receipt. my pc still shows that I have 10 home what do I do?...
  8. WIN10 to WIN 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 to WIN 10 PRO: i am on a samsung galaxy book 2 ,am i able to upgrade from 10 to 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-to-win-10-pro/9e8bfd9b-58ed-4a7f-9dda-959b210e8beb
  9. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home: The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it....
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601