Windows 10: Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

Discus and support Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BryanHand1, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer?

:)

BryanHand1, Mar 28, 2022
  2. DrCarl Win User

Salvage Win10 Home, upgrade to Pro

Hello Great Group,

I am interested in steps I might take to salvage my Windows 10 Home license from a dead computer's drive, then upgrade to Pro on a new computer. Is this possible? If so, how?

Details: 'Puter hanging issue became fatal, then died, I borked the BIOS, made a mess, building a new machine and plan to harvest as much as possible from the old drives. I have a backup of C: where Win10 lived as well as two identical SSDs (both with Win10 on them), yet do not want to boot from one of the old disks fearing that 1) Windows may be corrupted, or 2) The drive might have some nasties on it.

Upgrading from Home to Pro is about $100? cheaper than just buying Pro. So, I'd like to upgrade from the old license if possible, but I'm not sure what steps to take and in what order in order to accomplish this mission.

Are these the correct steps? (I'm guessing)

Build the new computer
    Update BIOS if necessary
    Install Win10 Pro without key
    Attach old drive
    Scan old drive with Malwarebytes
    Run Belkin Advisor on that drive to reveal key?
    Enter key into Pro?

I've no clue what might happen at this point. Key invalid? Upgrade to Pro somehow?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

DrCarl, Mar 28, 2022
  3. krollo Win User
    Downgrading pre-installed Win11 to Win10

@sygnus21 I actually hoped Win10 had the centered taskbar. *chuckle

I slated my Win11 upgrade around mid-next year and also bought a Win 10/11 Pro digital licence in preparation. If Microsoft even lets me activate that is haha. Currently trying to troubleshoot here.

krollo, Mar 28, 2022
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

Windows 11 upgrade questions - I want to stay on Win10

I want to stay on Win10 because I read that Win11's taskbar at the bottom cannot be moved to the side. I only want my taskbar to be on the side to have maximum amount of vertical screen space. I don't like hidden taskbars. I want to always see my taskbar at a glance.

Questions:

I support 3 other friends with their PC computers. Since I won't upgrade to Win11, I don't want any of them to upgrade to Win11 either.

1. If any of us receive the notification from Microsoft to upgrade to Win11, will the upgrade to Win11 happen automatically at some point?
    2. If so, is there a way to permanently stop Win11 upgrade notifications?

Thanks.

Thema:

Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

1. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro Win11

2. Win10 to win11 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 to win11 upgrade fails: When trying to upgrade to win11 i get a driver update error Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1 0x80246019. I am running the lastest intel drivers 22.130.0.2. This error only shows during the upgrade. Everything works fine. No problems with bluetooth. I can upgrade to a...
  3. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  4. Upgrading to Win11 with Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win11 with Pro: I'm currently running Windows 10, and I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 11.Since being on 10 I bought & installed Pro so what happens with that? Is it something I can download again on Win11 or do I get 11 Pro?...
  5. Upgrading to Win11 with Pro

Upgrading to Win11 with Pro: I'm currently running Windows 10, and I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 11.Since being on 10 I bought & installed Pro so what happens with that? Is it something I can download again on Win11 or do I get 11 Pro?...
  6. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  7. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  8. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - Win11 upgrade: According to found published info, this computer meets the requirements for Win11. But when I run PC Health Check, it says my processor is not supported. I need to find out why, and if this computer will support a compatible processor. Any help here?...
  9. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

Win10 - Win11 upgrade: According to found published info, this computer meets the requirements for Win11. But when I run PC Health Check, it says my processor is not supported. I need to find out why, and if this computer will support a compatible processor. Any help here?...
  10. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade