Windows 10: WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

Discus and support WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrewHammond2, Mar 10, 2019.

1. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it. Please help.

:)

AndrewHammond2, Mar 10, 2019

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Unable to Activate Win 8

I guess that's two of us with magic Windows 8 upgrade disks. *Laugh :laugh:

TheMailMan78, Mar 10, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

1. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home - Similar Threads - WIN10 Pro unable

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. win10 pro to win 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 pro to win 10 home: Hello, I currently have Win pro set up as my OS, but my key is only good for home. how to I revert to home without losing my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win-10-home/520ebf22-92c5-4c37-b708-c48a78251cd4
  5. Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro: When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working. I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  6. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  7. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  8. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  9. win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: I just purchased win 10 pro upgrade from MS online store and nothing happened other than I got a receipt. my pc still shows that I have 10 home what do I do?...
  10. Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: I changed out a broken display panel and switched from a bad HD to a new SSD and when I installed 1803 it installed as Home and not Pro. The device appears on my account as Pro, but now I am downgraded. How can I resolve this to get back to the Win10 Pro version?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to activate win10 home