Windows 10: Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website

Discus and support Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New desktop works fine for everthing apart from what I need it for. On accessing a private website I get message'your connection isn't private and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter5512YQ, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website

New desktop works fine for everthing apart from what I need it for. On accessing a private website I get message'your connection isn't private and NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID'If I click on advanced then'This server couldn't prove that its xxxxxx.xxx; its security certificate is from www.xxxxxx.xxx. This maybe caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection'I can still continue to website but then I get the not secure warning in address bar and the websocket/javascript on web page do not load.If I try with chrome then get similar result and warning triangle s

:)

Peter5512YQ, Jul 30, 2021

2. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you’re facing issues accessing your HP Printer homepage. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Did you check with any other browser?

• Did you make any changes to the software prior to this issue?

• Are you using any Antivirus/Security software?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Try viewing the website in Compatibility View and see if that helps.

Note: Not all website display problems are caused by browser incompatibility. Interrupted Internet connections, heavy traffic, or problems with the website can also affect how a webpage is displayed.

a) Open Internet Explorer.

b) Press ALT+T keys, to launch “Tools” drop down menu.

c) In the “Tools” menu, select “Compatibility View Settings” option.

d) In the “Compatibility View” window, add the name of websites (with which you are facing the issue) and then check.

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the article mentioned below and check if the issue perists.

Certificate errors: FAQ

Certificate errors: FAQ

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Jul 30, 2021
  3. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this error persist while browsing other websites too?
    • Does this error persist while using other browser?

Kindly follow the below given steps and check if the issue persist:

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 30, 2021
  4. thornebay Win User

Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website

invalid certificate

I am trying to log on to one of my own remote security cams and it says the certificate is invalid. I tried to put this on a safe site list but it won't run the active x to view images

thornebay, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website

1. Win10 pro Version 20H2 invalid certificate issue for website - Similar Threads - Win10 pro Version

2. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  3. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  4. all website certificates called invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all website certificates called invalid: I did a full restore on my desktop and although I could connect to the internet I can not get any webpage to open. I get a message that Your connection isn't private, and the certificate is invalid. Not even Microsoft login page. And since I can't get online I can't download...
  5. Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invalid Key upgrade from Win10 to Win10 Pro: I purchased a PC from Dell in December of 2020, and recently upgraded from WIndows 10 to Windows 10 Enterprise using the link provided by Microsoft that was processed through the store. There were no third party vendors, and I did not receive an updated key from Microsoft....
  6. Invalid certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Invalid certificate: Hello Please can you explain why I'm seeing these errors https://ibb.co/xz5QXYh Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-certificate/82ea04fb-692b-46e8-9ac4-a4e2cc6f70b4
  7. Issues with sound settings Win10 1909/Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with sound settings Win10 1909/Win10 20H2: We have a problem with the sound settings in the web browsers automatically switches to the default sound output in Windows, even though we have set the sound input and output to go from another device. See attached picture. A workaround is to let the browser run for around...
  8. Having to BACKDATE Win10 X64 Pro To Version 2004 From 20H2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having to BACKDATE Win10 X64 Pro To Version 2004 From 20H2...: Dear TenForums: here again - as I've found that SOME sort of "Windows update" this autumn has rendered by IMSI Design-published copy of DesignCAD 3DMax v.25 (dating from 2015) to no longer access files I HAD been opening and editing as late as the end of this past...
  9. invalid security certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid security certificate: Since updating Windows 10 Nov 2018, I have had internet connection problems. Now I have invalid security certificate and can't connect to the Internet via wifi or Ethernet connection. I can't find a solution to the problem. I've tried running troubleshooter but no luck. I...
  10. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro OEM key invalid: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way...