Windows 10: Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers?

Discus and support Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1809), as I felt that not having done anything but an in-place/refresh/reset since Windows 7 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peptobismalaaa, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers?

So, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1809), as I felt that not having done anything but an in-place/refresh/reset since Windows 7 Pro was kinda causing issues.

Now, I am finding out that in Windows 10 Pro (1809) I am no longer able to un-install the drivers that Microsoft has provided for my ASUS PCE-AC51 WLAN card through Device Manager. I uninstall, it claims to uninstall... restart, it's back. I even disabled Driver Installation and still it keeps coming back. There is no check box for delete driver files... so, I am at a loss.

The driver provided by ASUS is 6/30/16 and the MS one is 1/9/2018, so I can't update to the ASUS one... do I have to physically go in and delete the files at System32\drivers\? The driver files show rtwlane.sys and vwifibus.sys as the files, one is showing a MS provider the other Realtek. So, am I correct in assuming that one is the actual driver and the other is MS Virtual WLAN drivers?

The previous drivers that I was using seemed to run a lot better and had a lot more configuration and tweaking I could do... this one only allows Beacon Interval, Preamble Mode, Wireless Mode. The other one allowed me to set the Roaming, Antenna, etc. and just overall seemed more smooth. If I install the driver software, it does not change the WLAN card's actual driver at all it seems, but causes even more issues...

:)

peptobismalaaa, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows x64 Drivers

*Bang Head :banghead: Does anyone know how where to find driver for a USR5416 or Belking FSD5000 network card? If not, do you know of a WLan card that will work in Windows XP PRO x64?

nfcooper44, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers?

Windows WLAN Service: Regular ping spikes on a stable WLAN connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click properties

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: If still you are facing issues, then
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers

• Click start.

• Type devmgmt.msc in Start
      Search.

• In Network adapter you will find the device, right click on it and select the option
      uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check reinstalling the drivers.
    Refer:
    How to install and Update Drivers

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers?

1. Win10 Pro (x64/1809): Keeps installing "preloaded" WLAN drivers? - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro x64

2. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  3. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  4. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win10 x64 impossible to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 x64 impossible to install: HI,For 1 week around now, I cannot use win update. Always the same thing happens : 1. Installation has been run2. Reboot3. At the end of the reboot : Impossible to finalize update, cancelling it4. Reboot5. At the end of the second reboot : Impossible to finalize update,...
  6. Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?: I am running Win10/Pro x64 version 19042.804 or 20H2 At 81 I'm no longer interested in spending my limited remaining hours learning new razzle-dazzle software. I've finally given in and am moving to Win10 from Win7. I'd like to install legacy software for which I still have...
  7. Page Pro 1400W Konica Minolta drivers for win10 x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Page Pro 1400W Konica Minolta drivers for win10 x64: Does anyone have a link or archive to email me? I have an old, but nice, PagePro 1400W laser printer, but my windows 10 doesn't accept the installation, even in the compatibility mode install. Any other drivers for it? BR, Ivan...
  8. bluetooth win10 pro driver, not installed,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth win10 pro driver, not installed,: I attempted to add bluetooth headset device to win 10 pro. The System does not have a blue tooth driver, no any device driver installed. The Lack of this driver is causing MS Defender to fail . I am not able to use head set, bluetooth device is in usb port . This...
  9. Why is Win10 1809 removing WLAN's installed by provisioning packages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Win10 1809 removing WLAN's installed by provisioning packages?: Good morning, Windows People. I push down the wifi settings in Windows images via installed PPK's. On the first few boots of Windows (v1809 LTSC) the WLAN is working, but usually after either (A) a full Windows Update is completed, or perhaps (B) the machine has been off...
  10. PerfLogs Missing Win10 x64 Pro 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    PerfLogs Missing Win10 x64 Pro 1809: Hello, Fresh install of my os windows 10 pro x64 1809 and i noticed PerfLogs folder is missing, Not even re-created by windows, I am 100% i didn't delete it, Nor i could find it using search function. Is it removed by 1809 version? 121068

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 keeps reinstalling drivers