Windows 10: Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login

Discus and support Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently bought a Sager NP8268-s gaming laptop from XoticPC and here are the specs it came with: CPU: Intel Core i7-4170MQ 2.5-3.5 Ghz GPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deeterrocks101, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login

So I recently bought a Sager NP8268-s gaming laptop from XoticPC and here are the specs it came with:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4170MQ 2.5-3.5 Ghz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M 6GB

Storage: SSD - 128GB Micron m600 msata

HDD - 1TB 7200RPM (SATA II - 3gb/s)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

When I first started it up, it was perfect. Fast boot time (under 15 sec), fluid response, no problems whatsoever. However, after 7 days, I logged in and there was a black screen with my cursor that was there for 30 seconds before the desktop showed up. I can do CTRL+ALT+DEL and the menu shows up, but after clicking task manager, the screen still stays black. After 30 seconds, the desktop flickers into view, and it works flawlessly after that. I tried starting my laptop up in safe mode and the same thing happens.

So I did a clean install and didn't install any of my regular programs except for the most essential programs, and after 7 days, without fail, it did it again.

I decided to upgrade my RAM, thinking that would help, so I stripped my previous laptop of its RAM (16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    from an MSI GS70 Laptop) and used it for my new laptop. After I put it in, I had a total of 24GB RAM. I did another clean install, and again, after 5-7 days, the same black screen issue happened.

I tried disabling and re-enabling fast boot, and did multiple clean installs with different program install configurations. My drivers have been updated to the latest versions right after a clean install so its not a driver issue. While its not a pc breaking issue, it is extremely annoying.

I should mention that this black screen only appears after doing a shut down and boot or rebooting. It doesn't appear after waking up from sleep or hibernation. Everything else works flawlessly and this laptop handles like a dream when playing video games.

I understand its not as big of an issue as others are having with windows 10, but if anyone has any input, let me know. Thanks.

:)

deeterrocks101, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Michael Jayson_974, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login

1. Win10 Pro x64 Temporary Black Screen After Login - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro x64

2. Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App: So just recently I have been having an "issue" where when I open an app like a video game, there is a sudden black screen for 1-3 seconds, but then the screen resumes to the app. I wouldn't consider it an issue, as it is not something where my screen stays black, it is just...
  3. Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update: I updated to version 2004 on Windows 10, now I get a 20-40 second black screen before login. It does bring me to the login screen after above time frame, I can log-in and PC functions and plays games fine. But it has me anxious to ever reboot my PC. Any thoughts on how to...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login: Hi All, So I have a strange problem. Specs: HP 15s-fq1514na windows 10 pro 1909 When I login to the laptop all is fine, when I lock my laptop pressing "win + L" the screen goes black. When I remove the external monitor the laptop screen is flickering and when I...
  5. Win10 upgrade from 7... black screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 upgrade from 7... black screen after login: I upgraded my desktop computer from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 and everything seemed to be working. I was able to work on the computer without problem for the rest of the day (hours). But the next day when I restarted the computer I got a black screen with flashing...
  6. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem: Hi I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) I'm having this problem for a couple of days now. Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not showing 2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the...
  7. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem: I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) this is the second day that I'm having these problems Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not showing 2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the...
  8. Win10 Pro Black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro Black screen crashes: Hello Folks, so the PC is brand new and built by me for around 6 months everything has been perfect and running smoothly until i started getting Black screen crashes the symptoms are no signal displayed on both screen rgb lighting crashes no sound lights on keyboard and...
  9. fresh win10 x64 pro install random freezing, black screen, no bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh win10 x64 pro install random freezing, black screen, no bsod: fresh install of win10 x64 pro from usb using the media creator tool. First off, I upgraded from win7 to win10, and the freezes with black screens started. I reformated, did a fresh install from USB, same thing happened. I assumed it might have been a failing hard...
  10. Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login: Yesterday updated from Win7Pro to Win10Pro my old Lenovo Thinkpad x220. The laptop does have the original 320GB HDD and a mSATA 240GB SSD, the latest used as main disk now with Windows 10. For security reasons I never deleted the older Win7 installation in the HDD. At...