Windows 10: win10 pro

Discus and support win10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a copy of win10 pro not used it as yet how can i tell if its genuine, I wanted to upgrade from home to get bitlocker as i use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steveob28, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Steveob28 Win User

win10 pro

I have purchased a copy of win10 pro not used it as yet how can i tell if its genuine, I wanted to upgrade from home to get bitlocker as i use the machine for work.

:)

Steveob28, Oct 24, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Oct 24, 2020
  4. win10 pro

Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMwin10 pro :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

win10 pro

1. win10 pro - Similar Threads - win10 pro

2. having trouble with the F1 Hotkey while playing minecraft oh and i'm not in Win10 Pro btw

in Windows 10 Customization
    having trouble with the F1 Hotkey while playing minecraft oh and i'm not in Win10 Pro btw: i am having trouble playing Minecraft in windows 10 evertime i press F1 i accidently shwo up the Help screen and i eekp messing up in the game Is tehre anyway to disable this pelase? oh and no i did'nt pay for the game i just used a launcher for it to "unofficly" play it and...
  3. Page Pro 1400W Konica Minolta drivers for win10 x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Page Pro 1400W Konica Minolta drivers for win10 x64: Does anyone have a link or archive to email me? I have an old, but nice, PagePro 1400W laser printer, but my windows 10 doesn't accept the installation, even in the compatibility mode install. Any other drivers for it? BR, Ivan...
  4. Win10 Pro x64: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to ntoskrl.exe causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro x64: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to ntoskrl.exe causing BSOD: OS: Win10 Pro N x64 Build 19042 Attempted Fixes: 1. Booted into Safe Mode, checked and installed latest drivers for all devices. Also manually installed latest drivers from motherboard's website. ASRock P67 Pro3 2. Installed latest NVIDIA GPU driver still BSOD,...
  5. Domain conditional DNS forwarding with only Win10 Pro in Workstation mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Domain conditional DNS forwarding with only Win10 Pro in Workstation mode: I have a wireguard VPN to a Kubernetes cluster and I want for ONLY the DNS queries for domains am-cluster.local to go to 10.43.0.10 and eu-cluster.local to go to 10.143.0.10. I spent an age trying to get it to work in WSL2 and the best I could do was run a coredns instance as...
  6. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  7. Cannot add folders to backup (Win10 Pro-1909)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot add folders to backup (Win10 Pro-1909): I recently noticed my backup drive was full. I don't know exactly how this happened, but there was an excessive amount of disk space being used to backup files from the c: drive (which is a 250Gb). The space taken up on the backup drive was on the order of 350Gb (it is on a...
  8. Win10 Pro Activation

Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  9. Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD

Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD: Hi All, I have query related to fresh SSD Installation. My current HDD is dead & I have new SATA SSD to be install on my Dell Inspiron. Can you please let me know how I can install SSD on laptop with fresh WIN 10 Pro / Home edition OS installation. Currently I have...
  10. Any good reason NOT to Enable VT-x on my Win10 Pro laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad Intel i5 4300M...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good reason NOT to Enable VT-x on my Win10 Pro laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad Intel i5 4300M...: Not sure why it's not enabled by Default? Any gotchas? Seeking to run an app (MEMU) which requires VT enabled. that's why I'm looking into this Thanks submitted by /u/eyeseeitallnow [link] [comments]...